Is there something wrong with this laptop??

The time keeps changing on me and every time I see it I change it back and again it will go to the wrong time. long time ago i was told that means something is wrong with your computer when that happens..
@nitinnair89 (2895)
Yes i had this issue long ago in my system. There's a possible spyware infection. Please check your laptop with good anti-virus tool. Also you can see an option to synchronise your system time with windows. Check it and do let know.
I don't know how to do this either. thanks.
@enelym001 (8333)
Mine keeps changing too everyday! And i guess it is time to change the CMOS battery but I haven't done it yet. Hopefully when I got the time to go to a shop and asked to replace it, it would work well and not have those messages when booting upm, and time would be right.
@songst557 (232)
Try to set a fake IP address for you laptop,it won't affect connecting internet,your laptop will got a new IP and replace yours.Try it and see the result.
I have no idea how to do this.. thanks
@MsTickle (24966)
Yes, that is the case. Go to Windows troubleshooter or you might even have to reformat your computer using the disk. Or you could try and go back to the time before it began acting this way.
I really don't know a lot about laptops as I've typically been a person that uses desktops most of the time. However, this has been something that we've had happen with our desktop from time to time. My husband has also been able to fix this because the reason that it has happened for him is because of the fact that the batteries that are on the motherboard are used up and therefore the computer is not able to keep track of time when it is turned off. This isn't something that is really easy to do, but the fact that your time changes when you shut off the computer does not necessarily mean that you are going to have to totally replace your computer soon.
@savire (204)
Hi there, There's a couple of thing you can do which depend on the situation: a. Did you use to synchronize your time to a Time server? If yes it will always sync them that way b. Did the time reset whenever you restart your laptop? And it will restart back into the past? If yes then perhaps your CMOS battery might have run out. If you know how to open your laptop then you can just simply change them your self but if you don't then you can ask someone who had knowledge to help you with it. c. As far as I know there's no benefit for malware to change your time unless it's a prank time, lol. But in case it's then you can always try to clean them using free rootkit scan from known antivirus company such as Kaspersky. They offer it free here in case you haven't know already: support.kaspersky.com/5350