Not everyone has a choice in life.

I have some choices that a lot of people don't have. and people have a lot of choices I don't have in my life. I think we all need to be able to choose what is best for us in life. we can't always make everyone else happy and make ourselves feel bad about some things. I have learned to do what is right for me this year. it has been a very long time that I have been pleasing everyone else but me. I sure hope you have done some things to make you happy as well. after if your not happy your family is not happy either.
@jricky1 (6809)
It makes sense to say that,many people got choices that some don't.So that's why many people acvie us to take whatever it takes to grab good oppotunities.I hope to do something right this year and do what i want to.I know it's not easy.You are so kind to consider family cuz they are the one who love us.
@chiyosan (29383)
This makes sense. We all have a choice... an option to choose what is best for us from the things presented to us. It is like an offering similar in shopping malls. VIP customers are given better options than regular customers, and that is how it is in life too - in general. =) Most of the time we can choose, but only from the options. he he Anyway, I agree on you that we have to strive to make ourselves happy too. when we are happy, we can make others happy by what we do, what we share, or whatever it is that we have to give them. =)
@WakeUpKitty (8707)
• Netherlands
it depends on how you look upon it.We all have choices, no matter what kind of. And doing what is best for us is making the best out of our life.
@asliah (11149)
yes that is true,everyone have their choices in life and its different to everyone,i have some choices in life that other people don't have it,and some people have their choices in life that i don't have in my life,so its only a vise versa.
@anuraa32 (2452)
Yes a lot of people have no choice in their life. A lot of people have choices but they dont exercise their choice. But one should always remember, that one should be happy with whatever they have and how much ever limited, we must be happy with all that we get.
@dodo19 (32869)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I really do have to agree with you. We don't all have the same opportunities in life, but that still doesn't mean that we shouldn't be able to make our own choices. I think we should be able to do it. It is our life. i have to say that I am pretty happy with the choices I've made over the last couple of years. There are some things that I could have done differently, but I don't really regret anything.
Sometimes, the choices you make serve to limit your future options. That is true in every aspect of our lives--from diet to education to parenting. For instance, if you choose to eat a rubbish diet, you will get sick and possibly become disabled; that will then, in turn, narrow your choices. Or your choices can serve to expand future options. For instance, a girl raised in a poor, rural household may choose to pursue a college degree. This will greatly expand the options she possesses in life. The question, of course, is whether you will live your life in such a way as to narrow your options or expand them.
@miryanag (348)
• Bulgaria
I belive there is always a choice. It's hard to find options sometimes but If you manage to look things from different angles you will always find a choice.
@jenny1015 (13389)
All these years, I have often thought of pleasing everyone else. I made sure to make the right choices, well, at least according to their standards. Things that I have done for them does not necessarily mean that I am 101% in favor. But just knowing how much trouble it would cause if i would refuse to live up to their expectations. There came a point in time that i have just given up being a goody-good shoes girl. I thought I would regret that day. But I think that they have now realized that they really didn't know who I was and what I was capable of doing. Too much hurt, pain have somehow made me stronger to just say NO when I fell like it is the right answer.
@kourdapya (926)
Yes, I agree that most of the time we can't choose or we don't have much choices in life, the only thing we can control is how we respond to those things. If it's our choice to be happy then we can be happy no matter what kind of situation we're in.