The super asked me not to call the main office

I went to the office down stairs about my oven. He saw me talking to the other super and then he said lets go check your stove. Then he said,in the future you don't need to call the head office. they are just going to call me and I will get to you. Then I said,you mean I need to go 4 days without a stove and he said we will check your stove. He checked it and the circuit breaker was off. when we use the microwave all the lights shut off so now I guess the oven will be turning off as well.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
And Adrian never thought to check that for you there?
we both checked it and the number on the breaker said the stove was number 11 and come to find out it's not. so we would never have got that one. the box is labeled wrong.
Gifts, your microwave shouldn't cause all the lights to shut off. If it does, that building is poorly designed. It sort of makes you wonder what other corners they cut while constructing it. There have only been a couple of situations in which I tripped a breaker. Those were understandable. One was an old cottage that wasn't designed to be anything more than a place to sleep and shower in between going out and enjoying activities. At any rate, you now know what the issue is; I'm assuming that you have access to the box, so that you can just flip it back on if there is another problem.
Yes,he showed me the correct break in the box. now,we know what to do if it happens again. and your right I am wondering what they cut to build this place.
@TriciaW (2441)
Sorry you had to go that long. I would say he is worried the head office will realize he isn't doing his job and that is why he doesn't want you talking to them. I would call the head office and ask if they are going to fix the electricity in your place because there is no way your stove and microwave should blow a fuse. Blowing fuses can start a fire believe me I have had it happen and it is not pretty. If you call the head office I bet you will get it fixed a lot faster. Best of luck to you on all of this.
There will be hell to pay if this place blows up while I am in here. I don't plan on letting it happen though.
@redredrose (1107)
First of all you shouldn't have had to go 4 days til it got checked and you shouldn't have had to have the super see you talking to someone else about it before he checked it. also Adrian didn't check it for you? I am sorry this happened and that nobody helped you for 4 days but glad now the problem is fixed.
we both checked it and the circut breaker was labeld wrong we would never have been able to get it like that.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
Oh something so simple as the circuit breaker was preventing you from using your stove. Unbelievable! Well your stove I'm sure is working now. You just have to be careful not to put two things on at the same time.
He said to turn something off before using the microwave. This place is turning out to be a night mare.
@911Ricki (13602)
I can see their point they have so much to do, but as a landlord they are expected to fix it appropriately. I am not sure of the rules of how long they have to fix it, I know they have certain time frames for certain things.
@trisha27 (3505)
That is ridiculous you have every right to call the head office, especially if they didn't come by to check your stove the moment you mentioned to them that the stove wasn't working. No you shouldn't have to wait 4 days for someone to come by to check on anything that was broken. He probably got yelled at or something, because you called. But you have every right. I couldn't understand if you called the head office first, but you didn't you kept reminding the people at the office. That is their own fault for not responding in a timely manner. Wow, that was what the issue though was. Well, at least you got your stove back to working.
@eagletrek2 (5186)
• Kingston, New York
Hi were I once live there was A bad smell.after I complain The 5 time. I contact the City glad I did that smell Was a.mix of.gas and water From boiler.in basement Wish is were the washers and Dryers are.people smoke In.basement while.washing.clothes The mangent was mad.i contact City .i guess the owners yell At them for.not checking Building.im glad I did.your That building might burn up Maybe your.sup afraid.of his.boss.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
WELL, I guess your last letter stirred the pot...at least you have a working stove right??? an you need to remind them if you make a complaint and it does not get addressed in an approriate time you will be contacting the main office... '
We have 2 microwaves. When they are both running they blow the circuit. I guess he gets chewed out. Well now you know to flip the circuit breaker when it happens again. That's no buggy. Happens quite often at my house. I just noticed your discussion was deleted about repeat shows.
You could have pointed out that you went several months without your dishwasher and you should not have to do so about a stove. Is there a different circuit you can plug your microwave into so that it will not blow the circuit? I have to be careful what I plug in where.
oh hi gifts oh yes we had the same problem in the last apt we had. Seems the refrigerator and the toaster and the microwave oven were all on one circuit. So if you toasted bread at the same time you heated up a frozen dinner all of them shut off as the circuit shut off.So I learned to toast my bread before heating up a frozen dinner.You just need to learn how to juggle things so nothing makes the circuit breaker go off.You can use your stove and one other thing but not all three at the sa e time. . t