History of Monopoly Game

@miketagz (7502)
Are you familiar with board games like monopoly? Its an American originated game published by Parker Brothers. During 1904, a Quaker named Lizzie Magie first created the game to showcase the evils of property ownership, the original game was "The LandLords Game". Magie was a supporter of the Quaker tax reformer Henry George and the game focused on players extorting one another. The game was so very popular in Quaker community until the Parker Brothers learned and bought the game from Magie which costs $500. The game was also available in computer and tablet.
@humairaku (2039)
i know Monopoly! it was one of my favorite games when i was a child. I like it cos the game is not boring at all. we can play it with some friends. we can be rich or very poor. lol. but of course i don't know the history of that game. i know that it is not domestic game (I'm not an American), i know it is from abroad but i never think about the history of that game ( i bet most of people who played Monopoly also never think about the history of the game they are playing..lol). and i think Maggie was so brilliant creating this game. sometimes i think that this game is not suitable for children due to the principals how to play it. children are taught to run a business and maybe, kill each other in order to be rich (as I know, the one who has most money or the richest, is the winner). but still some children enjoy it very much. wew, now I miss to play it again. but i don't have partner to play it with. i have a little daughter but she is still 6 yo so it s still difficult for her to play this game. maybe i should be patient waiting her grow up to understand how to play this game..
@miketagz (7502)
The game is addictive and more fun when there are more players. :-)
@humairaku (2039)
i agree with you. i cant wait to teach my daughter how to play it. she is able to play snake and ladder. she even beat me in her first play..!! lol. but i should wait to teach her monopoly cos it is much more complicated than other games..:)
@miketagz (7502)
Yeah more exciting and challenges. Im sure your daugher will love it. :-)