I spent the whole day with my mother..

I made myself wake up this afternoon. that bed was so comfy I wanted to stay in it for a while longer. I met my mother at the shopping area. she was having a beef patty with my sister who had to leave for her job two blocks away. Then my mother and I walked up to the nail shop and I had to carry her bag for her. so,I left her there and walked back down the block and around a few corners to post out a koolaid wallet. then I went back to the nail shop and she did not know I was going to come back. when she saw me her face lit up. I said to myself I need to spend the day with her. so,at first I made her upset. because she asked me to go over her house and I said,I don't want to track those bed bugs to my house. and then she was upset and so I decided to go to her house and spend some time with her. I stood up the whole time.. which was fine for me. then a few hours later we went to target together and then I took the cab to my house. my sister and I put my mothers bed in those zipper mattress bags. if you never had bedbugs you will not understand my fear. they ate me alive bad.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
Glad you did, as I know from experience that they are here one day and gone the next day... Everyday counts ....
Your right and with her bad health it was nice to be with her. she has problems walking though so she sat for a while.
• Mexico
Yes mam, thats way everyday with them has to special.
@redredrose (1107)
I'm sorry you felt you needed to stand the whole time at your mom's but it is a good thing you spent the day with her because you never know when she won't be here anymore. We never know how long we have with loved ones so spend as much time with them as you can. You are lucky your mom lives near you because i live in Missouri and my mom lives in Florida so i only get to see her once or twice a year My hubby's mom passe away in 2002.
My brother does not sit down at my sisters house either because they are all in her sofa. I don't want to travel with that to my house.
My daughter's father took us to Cape May NJ in 1972. I got bit by a bunch of bed sores. I'm terribly allergic and I looked like I had lepiracy. I left that man and never looked back. He didn't care enough to keep a job so we could have our own place away from his aunt who was so terribly nasty. The toilet never flushed. They were too damned sorry to fix it.
I don't blame you at all for leaving that mess is not good at all. I left kay's father because he would not stop the street life.
hi gifts that is so sweet of you and I also have a horror of bedbugs. here we just had our beds inspected for any livestock so to speak and of course all beds have plastic covers on them any way but our beds were clean but I also got a new box springs and a new mattress as my old o e had a spring coming through the sheet. I love my new mattress asits not saggy or lumpy either.
I think it was nice that they got you another bed to sleep on. I am also glad you don't have that problem any longer.
@Blondie2222 (21809)
I'm glad you finally made the right decision and went and spent the day with your mom. It's always nice to brighten your moms day when she has you around to shop with and just spend time together. I don't blame you about the bed bug thing though, I never experienced this but I have heard about it and it doesn't seem very pleasant. I hope the zipper bag trick works for her.
@anuraa32 (2452)
Bed bugs are bad. And once they infest your bed, they are difficult to get rid off. I had to spend months of pest controll to finally get rid of them. They, the blood suckers, stink and they are just downright disgusting. I stopped giving my clothes to this guy who would iron my clothes at his small shop.Simultaneously I had a pest controll done on my bed thoroughly once when the entire bed was scrapped, the medicine put and polished again. And then kept an eye on it for many days. From that time I face very little problem. But I am very careful about where I sit and what I keep on my bed. Anyways, I am so glad you got to spend time with your mother. You have made her day. She must have spent the rest of the evening and night with great happiness and satisfaction that her daughter made time for her. Mothers are wonderful people, how much ever we may disagree or find them irritating or just plain stubborn, we love them.
@lvchloe (49)
i want to spend a day with my mom, but she isn't here now. She's passed 3 years ago and sometimes without any sign, she appeared in my dreams which I liked very much for i had spent times with her again. love you, mom.
@leateagee (3667)
I am so happy for you. Moments like these should be treasured. We don't have much time to spend time with our loved ones so better make it memorable. Simple activities but worth remembering. Have a great day!