I have more fruit than I can eat.

You would not believe how much fruit we have. I am eating cantalope right now and I will eat some berries later. I am thinking of making a few smoothies with some of it. there is far more than I know I can eat. I don't know how much of this adrain will eat. He woke me up to help him bring it up stairs. he loves blue berry muffins and has a lot of those too. along with lots of other stuff like salad and bagels.
How did you get such a big amount of fruit? Better freeze what you cannot use now, to make smoothies later on. How many pounds did Adrian bring? It sound as he had a lottery ticket
I don't know how much off hand. I know it is strawberries,blue berries,papaya,pineapple,cantalope.kiwi,
Yes great idea. We talked about getting a half sized freezer so we can stock up. I had to put my 10 loaves of bread (79 cents a loaf) in the fridge because there was no room in the side by side freezer/fridge. My 20 lbs of strawberries filled up the bottom part.
@jalucia (1435)
Did you buy all this fruit? I got tired of wasting fresh foods in my house, so I started buying more frozen fruits and veggies. One way to get more fruit into your diet is to make a low or no calorie drink and add frozen fruit to it. The frozen fruit is like an ice cube, making your drink cold. It also adds flavor to your drink without adding a lot of sugar. And it's like a little snack with your drink, too. Like someone had said in response to your discussion about frozen veggies, frozen fruit is healthier than fresh fruit that has been sitting around for however long. Be careful eating all that fruit though. You don't want to end up with a messed up stomach, going back and forth to the bathroom :)
I did not get it adrain did and I was going to make a smoothie but I don't have my kind of milk. crazy me only bought adrain's milk last night.
You could try smoothie without milk, that's what I do most of the time anyway. Try to put some juice, fruit and yogourt if you have some and you should get a pretty good smoothie !
thanks I will try this in the morning.
@anuraa32 (2452)
Lovely. Really fruits can be had in so many different ways. You can put the fruits into the salad, so that adrian can have them. Bake some case and make milkshakes. Milkshakes can use up a lot of it, especially if you want thick shakes. Ice cream is the best option. What I usually do is that the Full Cream Milk which we get. I boil it and then leave it cool. As it cools I put it into the fridge. The next day I get a thick layer of Cream. I collect this cream over days. The first day I take this layer and store it in a vessel, I put a bit of curd into it to set it. Then for the next few days add more cream and mix it up. I then add puree of any fruit I want to make ice cream of into this cream along with some milk. And put it into the freezer to set. Once or twice I take it out to blend it before setting it again. Takes some four to five hours, is completely sinful but the taste is awesome.
I never heard of that before sounds really great.
@anuraa32 (2452)
Yeah. It is fun and superbly tasty. Try it.
@Blondie2222 (21793)
I love fruit too and never buy any and I should. It's just whenever I buy it I eat it for a few days then I just let it sit in the fridge til it goes bad. I'm trying to drink healthy drinks instead of soda and trying to eat healthier so think next time I get paid I will definitely be buying more salads and fruits again to eat. But making smoothies with the fruit is a good idea.
I hope you do get some fruit because it really tastes great.
@dragon54u (31617)
When I have too much fruit I use it to make pancakes then freeze them, particularly when I have blueberries. Blueberry pancakes taste wonderful in the winter and it's so easy to pull a couple from the freezer and pop them in the toaster. Most fruit loses its texture but not its flavor when you freeze it and you can use it in so many things. Chicken is really good when you wrap it with some pineapple or pears in foil and bake it.
That is something I can ask adrain if he would like to make. he loves pancakes in the morning.
@lilybug (21148)
We have quite a bit of fruit and veggies right now. The bananas are the only fruit that I am worried about going bad. We have 8 bananas that are ripe right now. The oranges and the apples should be good for awhile still. I will probably end up using my juicer to make the kids some juice tomorrow and maybe put it in the blender with a few bananas and some ice to make a treat for them. I have some baby cucumbers and spinach that I need to use up in the next day or so in order to not have them go bad. I tossed my peppers in the freezer last night to save them.
I am going to make smoothies with mine tomorrow. If I am up late tonight I might make a smoothie then.
I have 20 pounds of strawberries and about 15 pounds of bananas to make milkshake smoothies. The strawberries are frozen and the babas are fresh. I put 3 bunches in the fridge to last longer. The skins get black but they last long and are good. I also have 2 cantaloupe. I use skim milk in my milkshakes. They are much better than ice cream to me and healthier too. I use two sweeteners to make it just to my taste. I hope my strawberries will last the month for my daughter and myself. I think the bananas will last about 2 weeks. I thought about buying more and freezing them so I always have my fruit shakes every day.
I don't have skim milk here only regular milk that I can't drink at all. I should go across the street to get some for a few smoothies..
@911Ricki (13602)
Here this time of year the fruit and veggies are ridiculous price. I spent $50 in ruit and veggies, half went in the compost because it was rotten inside. I heard come summer the prices are suppose to triple in price, so I guess I will be eating chinese noodles, and rice.
@redredrose (1107)
you could make a fruit salad or put some of the fruit in yogurt or cereal or in pancake and waffles batter. Make pies with some. U love cantalope very much but haven't eaten it in awhile. If you have berries you could make jelly or jam with some. You could put some of the fruit on ice cream. Man this is making me hungry since i like alot of fruit. Once my hubby scooped out all the watermelon from the skin and used that as a bowl with fruit in it lol. Do you have bananas you can make banana bread or pudding or banana split. I do not like bananas but i like most fruit.
@squallming (1777)
Well, you can never have too much fruits to eat as they are really good for your health. However, if you do find that the fruits are too much, you can always make those fruits into fresh fruit juice. I did that all the time when my aunt bought too much fruits and they taste better and I can finish them in no time.
@salonga (28016)
Fresh fruit juice - Tropical fruits make wonderful blend.
Cantalopes and berries!!!Honestly, whenever I hear fruits, I become really excited. I so love fruits. In fact I always tell every one around that if they want me to be happy, just give me fruits. So my hubby knows this very well and would bring me fruits all day. If I won't juice them, chances are my fruits would go down the spoil. But no, I won't allow such wastage so I juice fruits all day and with that I and my consume consume more fruits more than just eating slices.
@ajithlal (14568)
I think it is good to have fruits and to eat lots of fruits. I think it is good to eat season fruits and fruits also helps to make a healthy diet.
@Archie0 (4669)
It is good to eat fruits. But if you go to see the balanced diet side or health quotient. Then one must only eat one particular fruit in a day. If that fruit has to be berries then they should be small cup full. But eating too many fruits in a day and that too everyday, can also cause weight gain because fruits do have carbohydrates in them along with fiber(which are good if taken in limit) and also natural sugars. So that is why they are to be eaten in limit. ! fruit a day is compulsory.
@missjahn (4578)
wow i love eating fruits. to think that it has a nutritious contents and good for the body. what is common in our place is banana, avocado, mango, pineapple, mangosteen, durian and any other tropical fruits. but i do not know what cantalope looks like or that blue berries :)