Spring cleaning

@missybear (11396)
Another year and it's time for some serious Spring cleaning. Time to go through my cloth and get rid of stuff that's old or don't fit anymore, also cleaning out all the closets and cupboards and get rid of stuff that we haven't used in a year or more. If you didn't use it or worn it in a years time you might as well get rid of it course obviously you don't want or need it. Do you get rid of the old and bring in the new every so often?
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
I seem to do that kind of cleaning every month here. Im a clean freak. My mom taught me that.
@missybear (11396)
So is my mom and when I was younger I was the total opposite but know I like clean
• Mexico
Ive always been a real clean person. I walk around here with a rag all the time.
@KrauseHome (34153)
Well, I actually can't wait for it to warm up just a little bit more so we can start having Sales here. Since I have a business license, I can legally sell my Jerky, Hand Crocheted Items, Candles, etc. anytime I want too at home. So many times unless it is something we're tired of trying to sell a lot of times we will put it in our sales and try and get a little money first while also taking time to bring in some of the New.
@missybear (11396)
That's great, lots of people out here have garage sales and sell thier suff for real cheap, I live in an apartment so O really have no space to set up for a sale, even though I see some people on the weekend outside our complex having all kinds of things spread out on the grass but it' to much hazzle for me. I just take it to the mail room or set it outside by the curb and people take it
@MsTickle (25006)
I hold on to things usually. I can't bear waste and I just cannot bring myself to throw things away. I try to recycle stuff and I try to give stuff away to someone else who can make use of it.
@missybear (11396)
I put all the things that are still in good shape in a bag and set it by our mail room so people can look through it and take what they need or like
@RitterSport (2452)
• Lippstadt, Germany
reminding me of my mothers spring cleaning before Easter ruining the complete holidays for me....... ugh........ I dont do that but will soon be sorting out stuff I guess as I am going to look for another apartment for me over here. Not looking forward to that preparing of the move. But this too shall pass and then I will be happy to be in the new place, hopefully.
@missybear (11396)
It's a hassle to pack up and move but it's always nice to get settled into a new place and set up things the way you like, also a good time to get rid of things.
When it comes to clothes and such, especially those that belong to my growing children, I am constantly going through their things and donating those items that they are no longer able to use. However when it comes to my own things, I hardly ever buy anything for myself and I will use those things that I have bought and have been given and I will be wearing them until there is no more use left in them. I think that I tend to devote a lot more to my children than I do for myself.
@missybear (11396)
I tend to buy more for others than myself too, I just got my taxes and bought my honey some clothe but haven't bought anything for myself yet
@dawnald (84155)
• Shingle Springs, California
Not often enough. I used to do it every year, but not so much since I had kids.
@missybear (11396)
It would be a lot easier if my honey wasn't such a pack rat
@Raine38 (9031)
Even long before spring is here, I have been planning to clean my closet but I keep on putting it off. This time, I must put my foot down and cease procrastinating. My mother in law have some stuff that she wants to drop off at the thrift shop and she has been asking me if I have some stuff that I want to give away as well. She knows how I am that's why she's giving me lots of time but of course I don't want to trespass on her patience any longer. This weekend I am going to start the clean up. Hopefully before the day ends I should have done some considerable cleaning.
@missybear (11396)
As soon as my vacation starts I'm gonna do some major getting rid of stuff, I keep saying I do it on my weekends but on my 2 days off I just wanna have fun
I have some clothes herr that I don't use anymore. Although, I don't have the time to gather them all and donate to children or sell or whatever. Maybe when my leave requests get approved, I'll be able to do all that.
@missybear (11396)
I try to do it once a year and start fresh