Do you like to try new foods?

I don't like trying most anything new. I think something is gross without touching it. I just need to see it or hear about it. I am going to change that after today,I don't like anything about the word pumkin except the salty seeds that I just love. well,sometime ago rickii was saying something about pumkin and all I could do was think how gross that must be. I don't know what it was but,I am thinking it was cake. I don't think I responded to the post either. well,adrain got 4 packs of these large pumkin muffins. and something made me think about her post and I said,ok I can taste it and wash my mouth out with water. well,I only took a small bite off the side of it and put it back. and boy am i ever surprised. This muffin is so good I got the whole thing sitting right in front of me. I am going to eat as much as I can and save the rest for later. thanks rickii from now on I will try new foods.
@asliah (11149)
for me if i am not familiar to the food i will not try to eat it,but it only seldom to happen that to me to encounter new foods,and aside from that i eat most of the time those food that i had taste so good and watery mouth.i could say that i am afraid to taste unfamiliar food.
@redredrose (1107)
I used to never like trying new food. Just by the name of it or how it looked i thought gross and wouldn't try it. Tho now i try a few new foods and i go by the saying don't knock it til you try it. I recently tried blackberries and raspberries and found i like them when i thought at one point i did not. I am wanting to try mangoes to see if i like them because i like mango iced tea and the mango flavored girl scout cookies. So i was thinking would mango taste anything like those things. I told my hubby to go to the store on his way home from work some day and get a mango and i will taste it and see if i like it. This is the first time really that i have ever wanted to try something new in food.I'm trying tho to be more open to trying new foods.
From the time that I was a young child, my parents always encouraged myself and my siblings to try all kinds of new foods. This is something that I still do today. There are some things that I find that I really like and there are other things that I will never again eat in my life. I do think that it is a good thing to try new foods because if you were unwilling to eat new foods, there might be a lot of great things that you would never have the opportunity to experience in your life.
@Manasha (2297)
• Pondicherry, India
Yes, trying new foods has become-my habit nowadays as I have become lover of different foods. Lots of varieties have become my aim whenever I want to taste some foods. Whenever I visit any country my first task is to taste the food there. I would also become the lover of the food without any hesitation. Lots of people are there in this world who want to taste food whenever they visit country. Tasting food is my life and it has become my habit forever. Hence, I always wish to try new foods in my life and also ask my wife to go with the new types of foods in this world.
@anuraa32 (2452)
I am not really for trying out new food everytime I go out. I may try new foods maybe once in a year, but otherwise I am always looking for foods which are known to me and therefore act as comfort foods.
@Archie0 (4669)
I love trying new foods. But when it comes to trying something apart from chicken and eggs i don't think i can entertain in trying something new like lobster, crabs, beef or pork. I have never eaten them so i can't stand them even by their names. Though it is good for me, because they all are under red meat category leaving the sea food. Which means they are not healthy when eaten too much. I can always love my Chicken and eggs as they are not that harmful.
@imsippy (47)
i don't try ,,,,because i don't like to waste my taste///
@sajujohn (1009)
Yes, I do like trying out the new food. Whenever I move to new places I love to try the local foods there. In my opinion it's only when we can try the new ones. May be after some time we can't eat it any more even if we like it. At first while trying the food for the first I would little afraid because I don't know what effect will it produce in me. But later I overcome that and started eating everything giving little importance to my health.
I`m so glad for you that you are now willing to try new foods. I am the opposite: I love to try new things, food included. I have tried to teach my grandchildren to, at least, eat a mouthful each time of any new food. THey have discovered while little what you are discovering now: that new food is not always gross.
As long as it doesn't contain rubbish (i.e., high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, artificial colors...) or violate my moral or religious convictions, I am usually eager to try new foods. I am quite fond of food; thankfully, my figure does not reflect my passion for good food.
@echoforever (5192)
I like to try new foods.. if I'm pretty sure I will like them. I guess that goes with if they're similar to somethign else, if they have some ingredients I like.. But if it is osmething I have never heard of at all... I'll usually pass on it.
@o2bnocn (2895)
I like to try new foods if they sound good. When it sounds nasty I don't like to try it. Recently my sister made a salad with BBQ sauce and a little ranch in it. I thought she was crazy, and thought it would be disgusting. Surprisingly, when I tried her salad...I loved it. We put chicken, lettuce, bbq sauce, a little ranch, and tortilla strips. I still have to learn how much bbq sauce because I put too much in mine last time and it made it taste like bbq too much. I know it sounds crazy. My sister actually got the idea from a restaurant, she had the salad at a restaurant and decided to try and make it at home.
@checkmail (2042)
Hello giftsandbagscom me too really scared to try new things as who know might be allergic to it, or shake mine balanced diet.Mostly i do check all the new items, if they are healthy than its okay but only spicy and junk than really have to skip it. Me suffer form inflammation problem when go on with extra chilli or spicy food, even junk food causes itching so always try to stay away form it.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Well I am sure there are many people like you but it leads me to think.."How can you voice an opion about then food/item without even trying it"? Enjoy your pumpkin muffin...