…does this happen often?

I was buying something on ebay and I had two listings for the same item and from the same seller. I was planning to buy the item with three bottles in one listing but I was late in making an offer . So I went on the other one instead because I don’t want to miss the item for the second time. I purchased the item that I want and when I checked on it, the seller put up the listing that I wanted – the own with three bottles. I thought that there was no supply so I jumped to the second one! If I knew, I could have waited a few more days.
@Raine38 (9032)
This happened to my mother in law. She was so quick to jump to the next available item after the first one was no longer available. Then after a couple of minutes of processing and finalizing her purchase, she saw that there's another one like the first one that is now available. I guess she should have double checked again before making a purchase.
I did double checked and well, I really jumped in because I wanted the item so badly. I would have talked to the seller for an exchange and an upgrade but I think it would be troublesome for him. BTW, does standard shipping mean that the item will be shipped in an economy or regular class? In addition, does the seller has to inform me what courier s/he will use? I like to track the item to make sure I get it.
@ctryhnny (3463)
I"ve had this happen to me too. We just have to be more patient some times to get what we want. There are always people bidding on items that we don't know about for some reason.
Kinda right. next time, I'm also having a schedule to make sure I bid on the right time.