I was right! The cat had her kittens

I posted a couple of times recently about this cat who kept coming in my garden, she was putting on weight really fast and I was sure she was pregnant. She used to wear a collar, but when she started gaining weight, someone removed it - I am now certain her owner threw her out when they realised she was pregnant. She has been visiting my neighbour, who lives alone, as well as visiting me. Well, this morning my neighbour knocked at my door with a box of kittens! He wanted my advice, it seems I am commonly recognised as the crazy cat lady of our street, lol. He didn't have a clue what to do, he said the cat gave birth to these 5 little bundles last night in his house, and he didn't know if he needed to do anything for them, or who to call because he can't afford to look after them. I gave him a phone number for a charity who would rehome them, as I can't take on any more cats myself right now due to finances. He let me take my kids in his house this afternoon to see the kittens, and he had the air of a first time father, he seemed quite proud to show off his new arrivals This evening the cat charity collected Mama Cat and her babies, he came over to tell me, but seemed a little sad to see them go.
It's good that the cat and her kittens got place. In my city if someone don't want any kitten they will bring the kitten far away from the house and leave them on the street side in a box or in a plastic bag.
This does happen, but there are cat charities who will take them even if they are already stretched beyond reasonable capacity. And, of course, fools like me, who take in strays we can't afford! On this occasion I decided it would be unfair to take them, as I couldn't afford to feed them all and they would be better off with a charity.
@ElicBxn (60016)
I'm glad they are where they can get some help. Now mom will get spayed and the kittens will get good homes too.
@mariaperalta (19097)
• Mexico
Yes, its sad to see them go. But Im sure they will take great care of them there. its best...
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Awww, that guy sounds so sweet. He obviously got attached to the kittens, how adorable. Let's hope the little ones are given loving homes or..preferably one!
Ohh, sweet little kittens! I also have 2 cats who are pregnant but i have a house with yard and i'll never gave them to charity.I'm crazy about cats and love little kittens, in two months i'll meet them :)