I cut the cable $$20

I called the cable company to see what offers I could get. Being that adrain was to pay the cable and still has not paid it. now that he left here I needed to lower the bill. I got it down $20 and that will help me out. Then I figured that I could pay the credit card $100 instead of the $200 I always pay and that will help me. I am also going to cut the card up next month after my daughter uses it for her train fare. so,that I don't use it. If you can think of something to help me save please let me know. just to let you know my credit card payment is $15 a month. I always pay $200.
@Angel3yes (455)
I'm a huge fan of putting more on a credit card or loan than the minimum. My boyfriend always wants to just put the minimum on it and I push to pay as much as possible because that will accrue less interest and we can just be done with it faster. You save money in the long run. I'm bringing my second cable box back to the cable company this week because it's not neccessary for me to have two. Theres only two of us in the house and we can cooperate.
They lowered my second box from $14 to $4 so,I have it for another year.
@Fishmomma (11504)
I am now only buying when cash will pay the purchase online or off line. In other words, if I don't have enough cash to pay the bill in my hand, then I'm not buy it. This is working well and as long as there is no emergency I'll keep on doing it this way. I think cable is one expense that many people find hard to justify, as its not something we really need now. I'm working at lowering my bills, so may call the cable company to try getting a lower bill also.
I can't get reception here without cable so I need it.
Holy cr@p. How on earth can you afford that?
I am confused lol..
@Sir_bobby88 (8245)
Well if you really to plan out a saving plan, then try not to use a credit card as it is a big temptation for you to overspent for something that you did not planned for.
That is why I plan not to use it at all. I can just pay the bill and leave the card.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Well it sounds like cutting that CC is your best bet.your \payment is $15 and you pay $200?? there is something wrong with this picture..it should be paid off then at $200.00 a month payment, unless you continue to make more and more purchases on it...
@Fishmomma (11504)
I think $15 is her minimum payment and we see so many people pay so much interest every month. You end up paying so much by paying bills this way. Items never end up being a good deal this way.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
well fishmomma, I am sure $15.00 dollars is the minimun,,and I am not into others business to know how much they pay for interest I was just focus on this post only... My point to her was that if she pays $200.00 a couple of months and don't use it, the payment would be down to $0.00..
yes,I will be done paying the bill faster paying $200
Well I don't really sure about how this work but I have watched few times about some families can survive with a tight money and still can save some money. They use all shopping coupon they can get for groceries. They did saving money only by using coupon.
@rosekiss (30273)
• Eugene, Oregon
When it comes to credit cards, only use them when necessary. I found that out the hard way, as i used mine way to much, and maxed it out, and now it will take me a lont time to get it paid off. Beings that i live alone, I have to do all of it myself, and it is hard, but I am coping. I am sorry for your situration, but it sounds like you have everything under control, and I think that you will do just fine. take care, and have a great day.
I really can't give you any additional ideas that might be able to help you save money, but I do think that you are one the right track by doing what you were able to do to help cut down the cost of your cable bill. I also don't think that you should cut up your credit card because you don't know when a time will come that you might need to use it for an emergency. I would instead suggest to just put it up somewhere so that you will not always have access to your credit card.
@stealthy (8188)
I have always been a saver and very frugal. I can't afford something, I don't get it. I have always paid the credit card in full each month. I like to use the credit card I have because of the cash back it pays. I shop sales for my necessities like food, etc. and stock up when there are really good sales on such things as canned vegetables and salmon and tuna or even bread which I put in the freezer. I use coupons as much as I can. I plan my trips out to cut down on gas usage and even park by pulling through so that I don't have to back out of a parking place whenever possible since this is supposed to save gas. When going down hill, I put the car in neutral(I have a standard shift) and coast whenever I can and usually have to use the brake to stay withing the speed limit.
@sid556 (31005)
cutting your cable is a good start. As for your credit..where is it through? Some Credit cards will offer "hardship plans " if you qualify. I would imagine that you do seeing that you are on disability and all. They will lower your interest rate and sonetines min. payment. for a year.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
You have good ideas there.. Are you working more online these days? That sure might help you. i earn 100.00 or more each month, sure helps me out.
@anuraa32 (2452)
If your credit card payment is $ 15 then why do you pay $200. But congrats on lowering your cable bill. Now you will have some cash left over. A little less stress on your budget.
@amuzien (91)
i think it's a good idea to save money like you.i think you can use the candles instead of lights.it will save you some money.or you can grow some vegetables in your yard,so that you can eat some healthy vegetables.
@LovelyxOdd (1192)
We don't have cable in our home because even basic cable is just too dang expensive. You should look into doing what we do - we use Netflix and Hulu Plus which each cost $8 a month with no contract and you can put your account on hold at any time. So we get access to movies and TV shows without paying for cable for just $16 a month. I mean, it's not quite as good as cable I suppose, but it's a great, cheaper alternative and it works.
@911Ricki (13602)
Is the $15 the minimum payment, or what you charge to it. Mine is $10 minimum but normally I pay the full amount, unless something comes up (like I don't get paid properly). I am trying to cut back on things, but can't think of anything. My car is mandatory, I pay my cell and internet, which is as low as the company will give it to me. I rare go out and do anything, and been buying things in bulk to save money in the long run.
@jambi462 (4598)
I really wish that we could just individually pay for the channels that we actually watch instead of having to pay for a whole package of channels just so we can watch like five or six of them. I don't think the cable company is willing to be that reasonable with people though. You could always just stop paying for cable altogether and get netflix because than you could watch whatever you wanted on your computer and it would only be about twelve bucks a month.
@cttolledo (4662)
I remembered a syaing from a prominent millionair , he said that he followed some rules in spending like..spend what have been left from saving and maintain a simple lifestyle.
• Japan
Monthly bill - Spreadsheet for monthly spending
Saving is a tough decision which me and hubby are trying to do. We are trying our best not to use our card for anything except our debit card. We always have a monthly spreadsheet that I do to track everything down about our spending. Glad I had some couple rebate for our phone and cable and net which I can soon use to pay the bills
I don't understand why a credit card is being used for train fare rather than cash. Either cash or a debit card tied to your bank account should be your primary ways of paying for everything in daily life. As has been pointed out previously, if you don't use your credit card and are simply focused on making payments on it, you will have it paid off in a few months. It is so easy to overspend when using credit cards. That is why they should only be used in dire emergencies. It doesn't matter what perks your card may offer you, are those really worth the extra amount of debt you're incurring by using it?
@blackrusty (3532)
• Mexico
use your credit as wise as you can it can make you or break you if you dont need it get rid of it