Math???

I am not very good when it comes to math but as you know I am working here at home and when I set the appointments I set I have to ask for the owner and I have to ask if they process a certain amount in volume sales and I have been using this site that shows the business and the owners name and all that and it sometimes will show the sales volume and I looked at it and it said annual sales volume 1,031,000 I went to some sites and could not find the answer anywhere is that 1 million? I am lost he he don't laugh! I am really bad at math but can someone please help/ Thank you.
I can say that I am good at math of course it's a one million, well it's one million and 31 thousand. I am little bit confuse, if the number is the total amount of sales or the total amount of goods sold?
Well if the company says for instance says they make 330,000 dollars a year how much do they make a month? I guessed somewhere in the 20,000 range?
it's easy,,, if they make $330,000/year, and 1 years equal to 12 months. Divide the $330,000 with 12 and you will get the average of monthly result. $330,000 : 12 = $27,500/month Well I think it's just a simple math for elementary school
• Marikina, Philippines
Oh. Thank you for telling a good answer. Now I understand why we have problem solving in our math subject at school when I was in Elementary. Ha ha Our teacher always put the problem solving in the last page. I think from 1 to 5 problem solving and I always got zero. I do not understand why its difficult for me to get the correct answer and I do not understand why we have a test about problem solving during our elementary. Now I understand why. Now I really can't go back, but I learn math from other people. In just every day of our lives, we will just learn it from our experience though we are not good before when we're still at school.
• Marikina, Philippines
I hate math too. I like english better than math even though I am not that good in english, he he. My gosh. Math is also important to our daily life. It is because we can use math in a job and everyday in our life. Of course, I know basic math.
It is complicated to me except for things like 2 plus 2 is 4 l.o.l.
No way... don't lie if you buy something and you pay, you must know if the change is correct or not. Counting your money is part of math.
Thanks for this discussion, yes that is one million and thirty one thousand, for better performance you can join some tutorial class or coaching center, best of luck.
OKay thanks and hope you are having a good day.
@21wakoko (52)
math is not really that hard. Just make a practice of the solution and focus on it., theres always a shortcut in math.. :)
I know some of it is easy and sometimes it can be complicated
@alberello (4755)
Well, to tell you the truth, although I'm not very good with math. This is probably due to having always used the calculator from the time of the school to make small elementary calculations. You also asked for help because you do not feel very good in numbers. You're doing a job from your home for which you have to work in mathematics. Can you use the calculator? I still do not know what kind of work you do. But the math is more complicated in algebra or even worse in the "mathematical analysis". I'm sorry I can not be much help to you
I do use the calculator on my phone but sometimes it does not work well and I don't have one here that's okay I am not good at math either.
@Angelpink (4022)
Hi there ! Math is the villain why i did not become a doctor. I failed all Math subject in the university , so i needed to retake it to be retain in a Science course but unfortunately still i failed . I am really so poor in Math. I already come to memorize the formula and even the example but when exam came i can't arrived in correct answer. There are really people born slow in Math and i am one of them , it's accepted !
I am bad with math and when I was younger I remember my dad sitting at the table with me until I learned it and I used to know alot of it but not anymore I forgot most all of it.
@Paper_Doll (2375)
Yes, that is one million thirty one thousand. I truly understand you because my husband is the same. You can't even imagine how he passed and got his diploma if you will know that he can't even answer a simple equation or algebra. I was actually in shocked when I learned. So whenever we have a spare time at home, we do study fraction. I check on him once in a while to see if he is studying his lessons. He has recently found a part time job as a collection agent and I told him to study to write a certain amount in words because he would need. Sometimes, he would stop and feel embarrassed but I told him I did not mean anything bad I just want him to do his job right since he will be writing amounts in words.
Thank you so much I could not find the answer anywhere! That is good that you guys are taking the time to learn they said when I was younger that we would need math down the road but I never believed that but now I do thanks again and have a great day!
@MrGhost (550)
Yes, it is one million thirty one thousand.