Did you get a lot of snow?

Here in Ny where I live it was not so bad for us. I went outside today and the snow was all filthy and I did not like walking in it. But,today I realized just how nice our winter was this year. not too much snow and no lights out or anything. some people had it bad though an I felt bad for them. but,we are pushing spring now and I can't wait for the day when adrain and I can start going back down town and to the park where we sit on this very large rock up on the top where they have benches and we can watch the highway and look down into the running water. it is so beautiful out there. I want to go fishing this year for some crabs like that man was doing last year.
Our winter was mild. We didn't have snow or ice. We almost never do. The year before it was like summer all winter, but it is cold this year. I like going to a park. We have a little one in walking distance from me but its nothing special. I like going to Stone Mountain. You take a tram or cable car up there. You can see a lot of Georgia from the top of Stone Mountain.
That is good to know i would love to live there. I know my cousin and friend live there and they love it very much.
@MandaLee (3738)
Hi Sharon, I live in MD. We hardly got any snow this winter. Winter storm Saturn missed us completely. I love being outside during the warm weather months. I can't wait for Spring either.
Wow, how did you luck out? I'm in VA and Saturn or Snowquester did dump on us, but it actually turned into the snowstorm that really wasn't. Snow turned to rain and the streets were too warm to allow much accumulation. It did blow my plans for hiking in Shenandoah NP; not the snow itself, just getting there, because apparently they DID get a lot of snow in the counties west of me.
That is always good to know people are doing well in the storm season. I am glad spring is coming as well.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
We got about 4 inches, not do bad, until it started getting very wndy and cold..I hope people are careful out there because there is a lot of black ice out there tonight... If I didn;t really know you I would think that you had lost your mind based on the posts you made last night about you and Adrian, But like I said last night don't get on here complaining about what happened because I knew what the deal was...sometimes your a flip and sometimes your a flop...But I know you very well,,I just hope mylotters understand you....you are a mess...LOL
That is funny bj.
Im in NJ and it did snow here. But it wasnt alot. Around 4pm the snow started to melt already. Thank goodness for that :) Cant wait for summer really!
I feel the very same way here in Ny. I want to be able to wear my pretty dresses I have waiting for me.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
Thats good. We have had a wet winter here in mexico, and much colder than years past/ We were very warm last week 70s. But yesterday and today 40s and rain again. Take care there.
I did not know the weather gets so low where you live. I thought it was tropical all year round.
It is sprinkling right now. We have had some snow here and there but not much compared to other areas. I have heard this area does not get much snow.
@Torunn (2810)
• Norway
We get snow every year. Didn't have a lot this year, plus we got rain in January, so not too pleased with that. Rain in January should be forbidden by law :-) I prefer snow to what we also get every year, which is ice. Lots of ice 'cause it is humid and below freezing. Ice can be pretty but when it's all over your car it is just annoying. Not too impressed by the rest of Europe (or other parts of the world), they seem to panick when it snows. As it has been snowing in most parts of Europe the last years they should be getting used to it :-)
@redredrose (1107)
Here in St. Louis we had a huge snowstorm a few weeks ago.It was snowing freezing rain and sleet. Hubby's car got stuck trying to park when he got home and it took and hr to unstick it with pots of hot water to melt the snow and ice from the tires. Then March 14 it was 70 degrees out and the very next day it was back to cold and snow so we have weird weather here.
@lkbooi (16101)
The place where I live is in tropical region. It's impossible for people to see snow for we don't have the four seasons here. I love rainy day It is cool and comfortable. I hate scorchers It's wonderful to have loved one to be companion enjoying the tranquil life together
We didn't get a lot of snow here in VA this year, but I'm glad though. I think that the snow is pretty to look at, but I hate being out in it.. I hate the cold. I have slipped up and fell on ice before and hurt myself badly.. it kind of sucks. I, like you, do not like dirty snow either.. it's so nasty looking and disgusting. I hear you guys get a LOT of snow up your way. We've never gotten feet of snow.. only inches.. luckily it's not VERY cold here.
Ahh, snow? I'd love to see what is snow feels like. But I live in tropical country, so as you can guess I've never seen what is snow like. If I visited any cother country in winter, I'd love to see it. But maybe since I can't stand cold weather, I won't be able to live long and just will visit for several days to see what it feels like.
@BarBaraPrz (20726)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Yeah, we got a couple of really big dumps here in southern Ontario, but nothing like they got in the Maritimes. We still have piles of the stuff where people have put it, but it's melting around the edges of driveways and walks.