The post office

What do you think is going to be the end result of us and our mail situation? Do you think they will take away the mail man job altogether? I don't know how they would supply enough mail boxes for all of us to pay to get our mail. I am sure there will be a lot of cut backs from all kinds of businesses as well. I can see us having to read our mail online soon.
I really don't know what you are talking about. The only thing know is that the mail will not run on Saturdays after a certain day. I think it starts in April but in not sure. It wouldn't bother me. I could get all my mail in email. It would save everyone money. I think the mail will stay as it is and just not deliver on Saturdays. That would eliminate the part time driver. It's a different person on the weekend. Maybe the person eliminated will be given a job inside the post office during the week. I hope no one loses his or her job.
There are new faces already in my post office. I sure hope no one loses a job but I am sure some will.
Hi friend, in this days most of us forget about post office, as we have internet and emails and communicate with our friends using it. email will reach faster than the normal mails
There are still people who use the post office just as much as they did years before. the lines are always long when i go there.
@lelin1123 (15643)
• Puerto Rico
What they are trying to do is cut mail service completely on Saturdays. So first class mail will not be delivered on Saturdays. All other mail such as packages will be the only thing being delivered. It is suppose to start in August if Congress approves this request made by the Post Master General. It will definitely put some people out of work but not all mail personel.
hat would be fine because more people could spend timewith family and friends on thei new days off. that plan sounds very decent.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
I did not see anything about the postal services going under. but I did see that they were talking about going to 5 days of regular delivery schedule.. I really can't see them cutting the mail delivery totally..Thats just as bad as when some were saying they were no longer going to provide the help with section 8 ...almost impossible..for a few years anyway...
They are not giving people a chance to save thier vouvhers anylonger when they can't afford the rent. that is one way they made cuts to sec 8. also they are not giving out vouvhers unless your homeless.
@MoonGypsy (4613)
so, are they really taking about putting all those mail people out of work? you know things are getting bad around here, now! time to be really scared.
I saw this on the news today,I forgot the exact words but they are looking to cut mail service.
@asliah (11148)
actually now a days post office is not really use this days because we already had an electronic mail that we can send anywhere,but there are still courier who still use post man to send the statement of account,but sooner company will send it through email too.
@inertia4 (27715)
I doubt they will remove the mail carriers. But they are taking away Saturday delivery. They are in bad shape. Also, they will probably raise prices on stamps and express mail. With the digital age, there is not much need for the post office. Maybe they should rethink the whole thing and conform them into the digital world.
For right now, I believe that the fact that they are cutting down mail delivery to just five days a week instead of six days a week is going to be something that will make a lot of difference. However, I do believe that eventually the USPS will be something that no longer exists. I believe that if something needs to be delivered to a person's home it will be delivered by FedEx or UPS and all of our bills and such will come to us through the computer. It is just a sign of the times in my opinion.
@911Ricki (13602)
Eventually yes they are replacing it with machines. It's already happening here. By next year half o Canada will be out of work. Here many places charge you for your mailbox, hold your mail, or forward your mail when you move.