I'm coming over

I've been having a great discussion with many of the friends that I've made through mylot talking about the fact that mylot really has become an important part of my life because of the sense of community that we have during the time that we spend on mylot and also the friendships that I have developed during the time that I've been on here. However, I've never had the opportunity to meet any of my friends from mylot in person. So, let's suppose that I sent each of you a message letting you know that I was going to be visiting your town and I would love to come over to your house or meet in public. What would your response to something like this be? Have you ever had the opportunity to meet a friend that you've met online in person?
I would be over joyed and i would get out my crock pot and make one of my favorite meals. Then we would sit and talk and atch some tv shows.
Maybe they will change this law after realizing many people have changed their ways. I would like everyone to visit even if it was just once. I want to go to hawaii to live for a few years.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
@Mike. Te US embassy in Jamaica refused me a visa once - many years ago. But I got my own back several times. I hadn't done anything wrong either
That would be nice Gifts. It would be a lot of fun to just be able to share a meal and watch some television together. I hope that you would also like to show me around your town.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I have never had the opportunity but it would be so exciting. If I got a message from you that you were coming to Puerto Rico and wanted to meet me. I would tell you to let me know the date, the time and I will be there to pick you up at the airport. We would go out to have lunch or dinner depending on the time of your arrival. Then I would take you to my home where we would make plans for the next day, maybe going to the beach or sightseeing. Just enjoying the beautiful weather and the company.
• Thailand
me too.. me tooo.. meee toooooo
I agree with allisonkk99 on this one. You really are a wonderful person that you would be willing to open up your home and even a good portion of your time so that we would be able to spend time together.
Hi friend, i am also interested in meeting mylot friends. Hope i will meet some of my good mylot friends one day. Once i met a facebook friend who is living in the near by area. Now we both are good friends in online as well as offline. Social sites are useful to find new friends not only in different countries, but we can find new friends in our area too using this social sites
You are right that we can also find new friends in our own area by using social sites like mylot. I've not had the opportunity to meet anyone at all from mylot, but I do know that there are some people that I talk to on a regular basis that live within easy driving distance from my family.
@roshigo58 (4871)
• Pune, India
Hi, I would also like to meet the mylot friends. But we are living far of places. There are no mylot friends in our town. It is difficult to meet the friends in my country then meeting the friends out of the country. I never meet anyone who is my mylot friend.
Yes, the distance between so many of us is something that does make it nearly impossible to meet in person. I am a person that would love to have the opportunity to travel the world and meet my friends near and far. However, I don't think that my finances will ever be something that will allow that.
@yoyo1198 (3644)
Well, since we're both within a decent driving distance, I'd agree to meet you halfway and have a sit-down at a Mickey D's or someplace like that. But can't do it til the weather gets a bit more favorable and predictable. I'd hate to get half way and end up skidding to the side of the road in a snow event. I've met several people online who are in my area and one was even in the same town but we never seemed to get together. Now I'm no longer in that town.
That might be something that would be doable after we know that the weather would be something that would cooperate for us. Of course, I have to request that we decide on something else besides McDonalds since I have to eat that far too often and it is something that I really don't enjoy.
@bunnybon7 (35867)
• Holiday, Florida
of course i would say yay! come on. i would love to meet any or all my friends on here. we really should have a reunion even tho we are not related ive never met anyone from online except a few men back when i was dateing i have one friend i got from another forum 17 yrs ago!! she lives in chicago and we have kept in touch that long! i so wish i could meet her. ive talked with her on the phone and everything. the forum has been shut for years, yet we still talk. i think im the kind of friend that unless you let go, i never do. lol
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
You sound like my kind of lady! I would love to meet you
Bon, my children talk all the time about going to Arizona again and I too would love to go again. When that does happen for our family, I will definitely let you know before we leave so that we could get together while we were out there.
@bunnybon7 (35867)
• Holiday, Florida
let me know and i have your email already so i can be ready to meet you or tell you where to come to my house. ok? that would be sooooo cool.
@RitterSport (2452)
• Lippstadt, Germany
hi dear dorannmwin you would be super welcome here and I would be overjoyed to see you in person......... I have only met one of my my lot friends who came here to Germany to visit her Mom who lives close by so I had the privilege of meeting her. Would like to meet my online friends but they are all halfway around the globe and I bet it wont happen.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
Don't say that! Life can change in a flash!
For you and I, it might actually be something that will be a possibility. My husband grew up half of his childhood in Germany because his father was in the Army and I have been telling him for years that I want to go to Germany so I can see where he grew up.
• Lippstadt, Germany
hi Cynthie I would love to come to Jamaica and see you....... and dorannmwin that would be a great idea if we could meet. Where did Tom grow up? And did he also live in these American Housings? thats really interesting......
@ShyBear88 (17154)
I would say that's cool the kids can play together at a park where we can meet up. Just let me known what time and I would give and address to a near by park that is easy to find. I love trying to meet my online friends especially those I've been talking to for a while.
We really should have gotten together before you and your family relocated. However, there still might come a time that we are very close again.
@ShyBear88 (17154)
I'm hoping to make our way back down to visit Kentucky we still some family out there. Like my husbands uncle and baby cousins. So it would be nice to go and see them.
Just let me know if you head out this way and we will get together for lunch or for a coffee or something.
I had the joy of having one online friend from another forum visit us. She is from the UK. She and her friend had come to India on a tour and they took that opportunity to spend a couple of days with us. We took her to places that she wanted to see.I am so glad that she made it possible. Have you ever visited India? I love people. You are welcome.
I've never had the opportunity to visit India, but it is a place that I would love to visit as my mother's boss gets to go to India on a regular basis and she always talks about what a wonderful place it is. They have a large office in India so she has to go for work purposes.
India as you know is a huge country. You first need to chalk out what you want to see and budget your travel. Here is a link. 'Loney Planet' is one of the best sites on the Net http://www.lonelyplanet.com/india
Thank you for that link, I'm definitely going to have to check it out so that I could decide which places would be the most important for me to be able to visit.
@jenny1015 (13390)
I have not met anyone personally but I would love to. I have never really asked anyone coz I am thinking that they would just decline it anyway and they might think that it is just better to communicate though Mylot discussions instead.
You know, if I was to ever find there was another member that lived very close to where I live, I do believe that I would ask if they wanted to join me for coffee one day because it would be nice to make another friend.
@jenny1015 (13390)
That would be really nice, actually! I have jokingly said it to a couple of people here about meeting with each other, but both of them are working and I am not sure how far they are form where I live. I hope I'd get a chance, though.
I know that there has been a member that has arranged a couple of mylot conferences in the past and the reviews of those conferences have been great. I, of course, was not able to join in as I live in another country.
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
Cool, where do you want to go? :D I've only met one online friend in person so far, she's on here as WildHorses (not sure about the spelling).
I would love to have the opportunity to meet some of the friends that I've been able to make on here as well as some of the scrapbooking friends that I've made as well. If I were to come and visit you, I'd love for you to show me the highlights of the area that you live in.
@bounce58 (17524)
To be honest, I would be hesitant. I think the one great thing about myLot is that we can all hide under this cloud of anonymity. There are just a few here that I don't really want to meet for sure. On the same token, there's also a few here that I've grown to know more, and have appreciated their friendship. As long as there is no judgement, I would agree to a meet up. So, when did you say you were coming? Can we just eat out, as my house is a mess?
Of course we would be able to just eat out. I understand you completely when you say that your house is a mess as mine is the same way. I also have to say that I agree with you that there are a few people that I've met on here that I wouldn't really want to meet in real life.
@missybear (11396)
I never met anybody from mylot, I did have the chance to meet a couple people from Facebook course they came to Vegas but the timing wasn't right. It sure would be interesting but in some cases you might not actually like the person course they might be different than you pictured them
That is something that is a possibility as well. I like to believe that people really are who they seem to be through the computer, but I also know that is not something that is always the case.
@KrauseHome (35026)
I would Love to meet you, and a lot of other wonderful people on here. I have had the priveledge of meeting a couple of different people I first met online in person, and it has been usually a wonderful experience. One of them is doing the same business I am doing online/offline and her and I are still best of friends yet today. If I was rich this would be one of my goals each yr. to go meet someone new from online and see the sites in different parts of the US.
I too have had the opportunity to meet people in real life that I initially met through the computer and it has been a pretty good experience. Some of those people I've kept in touch with but that hasn't been the case with everyone that I've met in person.
Thanks for this discussion, you are always welcome to my home in india, i have 2 houses, i can spare one for you, your hubby and kids, i have a god daughter in Iowa, a sister in WS, i met them here, i had a plan to go there but i could not go, but we talk, exchange gifts, they are part of our family. From my discussions you must be aware that i have met so many mylot friends.
Yes, I did know that there are several friends that you've met from mylot and I think that is great. I hope that one day I will have the opportunity to meet many mylot friends as well.
@TLilly12 (1230)
I have not met anyone from Mylot, I have been so busy these last few days, I won't be able to have any company because, I don't live by myself, I live with my niece, I like to have my own place, that I could have company over.
If you did have the opportunity to meet someone from mylot, it wouldn't have to be something in your home. You could even get together at a restaurant for a meal or something as well.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
There are some mylot friends that I would love to meet and hope to do so one day. You are welcome. You can come and have brunch at my house and then we would see some of the attractions that are near me. Then we would have a beautiful tea at a Greta House before you departed. Come soon - it sounds a great idea
Sounds good to me. I guess I'll have to be getting my passport and we might be able to do that after I get my settlement.
@ET28LV (1895)
• Latvia
Hey Doran we all have had great time in mylot with our friends and their discussions. The first thought what I imagine was wait Doran you will not have so much money to visit everyone of us. I really love to meet new friends and I have some contacts in different country places, but I haven't traveled so much. I think this could be great chance to meet each other and do interesting things while you visit our cities. But, in the same time it is bit strange to meet people in online.
It is strange, but then again it isn't because we live in a global society these days and the distances between us might be great in miles, but we are able to make it almost anywhere in the world in less than 24 hours.
@Rick1950 (1555)
• Lima, Peru
Actually not yet, but I think it is a good idea to visit someone you have met online. It depends also how far are you living from that person. But it is possible to meet one of your friends you have met on the net. It is easier if that person is living nearby you. :)
I have met some people in real life that I met on the net and one of those people is now my husband. I think my experience with my husband is the reason that I'd love to have the opportunity to meet more people that I've initially connected with online.
I would love to meet the mylot people in person. I have never met anyone on mylot, however I did meet a few people I met online in person. All the ones I met were nice, but the best one I met online ever is my handsome, best friend and husband Randy. At the time I lived in california and he lived in Idaho. In 2004 I went to Idaho for what was supposed to be a two week vacation but never left. It was love at first sight. Now Randy and I reside in Nevada.