I want more plants in my house...

I have this great big window and I want to grow something in a pot. I have a long radiator with pillows on it for seating. I don't have that much compnay where I could use all that space. I want to grow something that i can let sit at the window and get some sun from. I was thinking some kind of herb I could get to know. I watch some cook shows an they grow herbs in pots in the kitchen. I am going to look for something soon as the weather breaks. I like peppermint as well.
@yoyo1198 (3644)
Good idea with the herbs. You also might be able to grow a few vegetables. Tomatoes would be an idea if you use those much in the summertime. I'm thinking of starting a few plants in pots on the front stoop. It's too small to call it a porch. I don't have windows enough to grow anything inside.
I don't kno how tostart a tomato plant. I am going to see how much pots an seeds cost.
@yoyo1198 (3644)
It's easy when you buy the plants that have already been started. When you plant seeds they grow so thick that you have to thin them out and repot them. Getting the single plants already started cuts out these steps.
hi GAB, it's a great idea herbs is really good at least if you need a herbs no need to go to super market I tried to plant herbs before but I don't have a luck. happy mylotting
That was not a good thing to go through I am sure. I was thinking twould be great as well.
I also love plants and in summer i'm growing my own vegetables in my garden.I live with my parents andare our garden is big enough to grow many plants and different vegetables.I also love flowers and i've already buyed some seeds :)
i'm sorry for the mistakes, my keyboard goes crazy very often..i hope you understand.
@asliah (11149)
yes that is really good to have many plants in the house it because it can give an additional good looks or it beautify your house by the color of the plants especially those who can bare flowers,and the house can surely be colorful and alive.
@911Ricki (13602)
I the summer I grow dill, parsley, oregano, cat nip, and then veggies. Right now I am attempting to grow lettuce in a dish to save money.
Herbs is really not a bad idea. I do love plants too. I myself have some few plants in my window. I have 2 eggplant, and a pepper plant. So far they are doing good. :)
@bjc66bjc (6745)
You have an excellent window with the east sun that would absolutely look great with plants/herbs..you know how many plants I have in my home..I just love greenery..which I have heard that its good for the admosphere and the ambience in the home...