Suppose your country offers you a "PRESIDENT" rank??? can you accept it...???

@Tushavi (2078)
Karachi, Pakistan
hi to all well, maybe that's kinda funny discussion, but I repeat Imaginations & Supposes have no limits, so now lets suppose your Country peoples all are came to your home/apartment & asks you that they wanted you to becomes a president, Because its the majority wish, you have to Join your presidency on next day??? what will you do??? accept the Presidency??? remember as a President you got paid around $400,000 per year also, (This question seems odd for you but here in Pakistan this type of questions peoples, specially media anchors asks to celebrities & they enjoy this type of questions, due to some reasons I don't share answer here) so guys what do you say??? what's your answer??? can you accept such a high position instantly??? or you refuse it??? what you say??? have a nice day...
@else22 (4319)
What a question!However I don't have the ability to be the president or Prime Minister of my country,but if my country wants me to serve it as its President,I would accept it politely.And if my country wants me to be a sweeper,I would accept that too.I am always ready to serve my country to the best of my ability.I am not a politician,but if my country seeks my service,I am ready to serve it.
• Penrith, Australia
That's true, great power comes great responsibility.
@else22 (4319)
Power and responsibility are the two sides of a coin,frai.Am I wrong?
@asliah (11149)
if that will offer to me i think its not my fit to me and aside from that once you become a president you will hold and rule your people as a whole in your country,yes their wages is really good but the stress that you will handle is very heavy too.
Hello Tushavi! Now this is a pretty interesting discussion you have started here! :) I have actually thought about this before and have dicussed this with a few of my friends and can never seem to give an answer because both has its advantages and disadvantages. Advantages: I would have the power to help people out. Hopefully making this place more safer, happier etc. I could write a huge list of things I could do but that there pretty much sums it all up. Disadvantages: Being so well known that I would be recognised everywhere I went and would be hard to have some privacy out in public. Many people would disagree with what I would be doing even if it is very helpful. Not to be dramatic but I would be a bit scared being in public worrying if someone hated me so much I would be killed. There would be so much work. I'd have to meet new people a lot and travel to many places all the time. I could say more but that will do. Although there are way more disadvantages, I still find this question hard to answer because I really want to help people and I would do that even if it means working out and sacrificing some things. But still, for someone like me who likes to spend time to myself and don't always like being recognised by a friend out in public, it makes it hard to answer this. Happy MyLotting. ~AussieGal~
No, I wouldn't want to be the president of our country. I mean I know that the idea of the pay is something that really does sound good to me. However, I really wouldn't want to have to deal with all of the stresses that would go along with being president of this country. I would definitely be very gracious in denying the position because I'm just that kind of person. I just don't believe that I need to have the stress of being the president of this country.
If someone would offer me a position in a political environment, I won't accept any position even if it is a President in rank that will be given to me. Regardless of the salary and benefits, I won't accept that great responsibility because I was born to be a contributor, not a leader. I still rather be an online blogger or entrepreneur whose willing to risk anything just to have my success, without the responsibility of a whole country lies in me.
@olliekobra1 (1826)
i think that i would definatly become president of my country because there are so many thinks that need to be sorted out. I think that there too many politions that are in it for the money and are not interested in peoples feelings i think that i would do the job for free because i would generally want to help people
@bestboy19 (5482)
Although I have my opinions of how things should be done, until you get into the job, you don't really know how hard it is. I would have to decline the offer.
they couldn't pay me enough to be president of america. you get blamed for everything,and there's a gigantic mess to clean up from previous administrations.no thank you.
@roshigo58 (4871)
• Pune, India
hi, If people ask me to become president of my country I will say no to them. President have to perform many duties and has many responsibilities. I am perfect for this post. I don't have the qualification of leadership. It would be difficult for me to control the country and answer the citizens of the country.
I will completely Refuse. I value my peace of my mind. I'm the type who overworks and over worry about almost everything so I think I won't last into the position and get any decent sleep. the salary and the prestige that comes to the job won't be worth it for me. It might be an honor to some but for me, I'll be countersign when I'm allowed to go without the title .It's one of those thankless jobs and titles which people either love or hate automatically.
If I was asked to become the president then I'd refuse the offer. Too much hassle. Yeah, the pay is good but so is your responsibilities. Everything is in your hands. People will ask for your help or lay the blame on whatever bad things that happen to them. The worst part is people think you are corrupt. Why? Well, that's really the case here in my country but I don't know with others. People will think your corrupt because there is a possibility that some people working under you are corrupt without you knowing and so all the blame goes to the president. The pay is high and very tempting but the job is also difficult and tiring.
@yanzalong (10151)
I would reject it for the simple reason that all country's problems would be my responsibility. I hate being burderned with things I am not aware of. What do you say about it?
@mods196621 (3631)
Being a President is not easy task and it needs a close supervision from the one who are appointed in it. Ok as you were asking about the position of the president and the scenario is like what you are imagine.. Well i will think million times before i decide to accept or not. I will ask first myself "do really i need to do this hard task?" and i will pray to God if He will allow me to lead a nation. Now if really the people insisting hardly and pushing me to accept i have nothing to do but to accept whole heartily with my full dedications and hard work service. I will ask guidance to all elders and had previous experienced in this position. Also ask God's guidance to rule what ever it is.. In short it depends upon the situations and the people who would like to help me... Ok i wish i could do these things around me...
@Nursefrai06 (2498)
• Penrith, Australia
I dont think i will accept it. I dont know anything about becoming a president. They'll remove me the next day.
@ElicBxn (60879)
Sure, but I get to take everyone I want with me! AND the cats!
@jenny1015 (13389)
If it were to happen, I'd be privileged. But then again, considering how much work it is plus the threat with your life from those who may be envious of you, I'd rather pass the opportunity. I'd prefer someone I know that deserves to be on that post. But I would surely want to help in anyway possible.
@cupkitties (7171)
Lacking a desire to be president, that would be a no for me. There isn't any amount of money that can make me choose a life of unhappiness.