Honesty is the best policy.

The truth will set you free is what I was raised with. I am not to sure about all that because the truth can ruin a person. It could cut so deep that you could never be the same again. I know there are some things people just could not handle.
@Frederick42 (2017)
Many a time, truth is bitter. Honesty is not always the best policy. But from time immemorial, we have been taught that honesty is the best policy. Actually, that is only product of the experiences of certain people. But experiences of different people is always different. Sometimes, being honest and truthful could ruin an entire family. That is the reason why some people always smile and wear masks. They always utter lies in order to maintain peace in the family.
@asliah (11149)
i will agree with you,honesty is always good for us but there are kind of truth that surely will hurt someone,although honesty is the best policy sometimes we need to know what could be the result of what we do or when we tell the truth to someone.
I was brought up being constantly told that honesty is the best policy. This is something that I am passing on to my children as well. I do think that there are some truths that really could hurt someone. However, I also really feel like if we have those kinds of secrets that are going on in our lives then we have a whole lot of other things that are going on in our lives. I have some omissions in my life, but I really don't have any kind of secrets that I keep in my life.
@doroffee (4233)
• Hungary
It really depends on what you consider honesty and sincerity... because some people mistake it with being b.tchily opinionated. That does NOT work. But otherwise, telling the truth, most of the times, is the way to go... even if its results show up later.
@911Ricki (13602)
I think this is very true, I would rather want to know the truth then be liled too. I know many the truth when it came out didn't hurt, but the fact it was lied to them for many years.