Diabetes

I am very concerned about my daughter who has Diabetes. The difficult problem is thst she is overweight and has a hard time losing it. She is seeing a doctor and is gettting treatments for it. The big problem is that although she is trying to lose weight, she is not losing the amount that she should be losing. This has been several months now. I hope that someone can give us some extra ideas about how she can lose her weight.
Thanks for this discussion, sorry to hear this, losing weight is not an easy job, if it is hereditary, i mean if there are fat persons in your family; she may try Vedic breathing exercises taught by Ramdeb Baba of India, you can get details in net, she can do in room.
@ajithlal (14569)
I also think that yoga and other things like breathing exercises will be helpful.
@salonga (27957)
Regular workout is the best to lose weight. Enroll her in a gym and get a good trainer who would keep teach and push her to keep the routine. I know a very obese child who is also autistic but has successfully lose weight and now very fit all because of regular workout in a gym. His trainer was able to get the child's trust and respect so whatever the trainer ask him to do as part of the workout routine, he would do. In a month or so, the child has lose weight and is now very far from being obese. His Mom is now the happiest over this good result on her son.
Yes, yes, exercise will help. thank you. I'll bet that mother of that obese child is extremely happy.
@niki5510 (61)
• Bulgaria
Low carbohydrate diet will help.I had raised blood sugar four years ago.Started with diet without any medication.For an year I lost 17 kg and my blood sugar tests go normal.Now I`m keeping weight with the same diet-only `slow`carbohydrates.Now I know that these 17 kg were my sugar kilos.
Yes, my daughter is trying very hard to keep away from sugars. She really has to exercise more but she works and gets tired easiy.
@ajithlal (14569)
I think most probably she can try walking and other exercise. I think diet and exercise most likely will help to decrease the weight and also helps in diabetes.