All children lie at some point..

There are some people who think their kids are perfect. well,your in for a rude awakening because there are no perfect kids. Even the best behaved children lie about something once in their life. Some people don't think their kids can do any wrong. They also thing because they are with them so many hours out of the day that they can't be some where else when they are not with in their eye sight. those parents will be broken hearted real soon.
@srisahara (4147)
Yes, no body perfect included kids. They must have one time to lie in order to safe themselves. So, it is a good idea for parents to control their kids and give them some advices to do the best and reduce them to make lie in some cases. Being a good parents are not easy, but we can do it if try to consider that our kids are not perfect.
YOur right parenting is not easy and some kids make it harder too. I am glad to know so many good kids though.
• Mexico
Not a single kid in the world is perfect. Just like adults. We all have our faults.
@kokomo (1868)
Yeah, children lie at some point to their parents for them not to be whipped and be scolded because they had something done that parents will surely gets mad at them. Of course, kids are clumsy and active and so one every seconds they can do mistake and so parent's should be more patient enough with kids.
not all kids will get a beating and scolding. some kids get away with everything.
• Mexico
The right reason, I never hit my son for lying. I did send him to the corner.
yeah so true, but before that point they are a perfect child actually but after cross a certain age and the break point in their life they go to the same as other, they lie they fight and all othre things which makes them out of the category of the perfect child and parents do comes to know this after a time period.
The sad part is some parents are living in denial.
• Mexico
well said, and sometimes the adults lie more than the children do. Very sad sometimes.
I think many children lie because they are afraid the truth will disappoint their parents.
Often, lying is a sign of low self-esteem. The kids think they need to make themselves look better because they don't know they are good enough as they are. Maybe we need to accept our children as they are...
I believe in your post. All people, even children is not an exemption, lie somewhere in their life. For those children, some kids do lie especially if they are aware that they have done wrong. But, as parents, you have to guide your child always not to make being a liar as a habit. If children will grow as a liar, then, expect they will be a bad one for everybody.
• Mexico
Well said, we dont want our kids to grow up believing lying is a good thing.
It's true, children to lie at some point. Especially, if they did something and they knew that you will get mad at them.
• Mexico
I agree, they tend to lie to cover up mistakes. We all do that.
@amuzien (90)
i think you are right...so if our children lie,we should find out the reasons rather than punish them...
• Mexico
They will all lie at some point, just like many adults lie.
@natliegleb (5184)
obviously some children lie and they are tempted to do it at some point of time or stage,it is inevitable
• Mexico
Many children lie, alot because they learned that form their own parents.
@anklesmash (1416)
True.But a more accurate statement would be that all people lie at some point rather than just focussing on the dishonesty of children.Everybody lies even the best people tell lies occasionally,the difference between the good and bad is that they know that lying is wrong,they tell less serious lies and lie less often.And I know some parents think they are a lot better than they are.And sometimes how they are and how their parents think they are is a lot different.But usually parents have a good idea of what kind of person their child is.
You are exactly right, children are just like any other human being and there is no one among us that is perfect. I mean I think the world of my two children, but I also realize that there are things that the do that are very wrong. For example, my son has a habit of trying to put things in his pockets when we go to the store. I tell him time and time again that this is something that is wrong, but it is proving to be very difficult to deter him from it. The moral of what I'm saying is though we love our children and would like to believe that they could do no wrong, this is definitely not something that is the case at all.
Of course all children lie! Too me that is common sense but I guess not to everyone... I didn't think anyone would actually believe their children are perfect! Lol. My siblings and I were actually very well behaved because we were terrified of our parents but even we lied to them now and then even with the fear of them in the back of our minds... So I definitely know my kids will do it too. They will tell me they are somewhere and I will find out at some point they are somewhere else... I am so NOT looking forward to their teenage years, ugh!
@KrauseHome (35522)
Personally I think there are kids that usually overall are good kids and if taught right will not lie, but overall most of them will, or try too, at least once in their life. Some will do it and feel bad and learn from it. Some will lie get caught and never do it again, and then their are those who seem to do it a lot. Personally, I think the issue is some of these are never taught this is wrong or get with the wrong peers and often get in more trouble than just with their parents at home. So in reality especially when they are little, it is important to try ans teach them not to lie.
@jiiiiin (569)
All people lie. Adults or kids are all lying at some point in life. Some lies to hide the truth, some lies to don't hurt others and many more. I think it is in the nature of human to lie.
@doroffee (4230)
• Hungary
Oh, I so agree on this. People think that their kid is going to be 100% perfect if they try to give a proper education to them. But it's not true. All kids are going to try to test their kind of borders and get into a fantasy world. Sometimes they lie because they want to experiment how the parents or adults are going to react, and sometimes they lie because they get caught up so much in their own little fantasy worlds... it's just normal.
I have seen alot of kids here and there differant beliefs and more and I do not think one is perfect..all have a fault ..and yes we adults do to. rich kid , poor kid..same faults, same lie, just a kid..I agree with you I also think sometime or another one may lie. there is no white lie ..a lie is a lie...you are right...
@robspeakman (1705)
Everybody lies, why should children be any different. recent studies have shown that lying in Children is a sign of intelligence.... My kids must be members of Mensa
@kprofgames (3104)
Yes they do. For a parent to think otherwise is just unrealistic. We aren't perfect so why we would think our children would be too isn't facing up to reality.
@4ofmyown (1119)
Anybody who thinks their kids have NEVER lied to them is living in a fantasy world...you are so right!
You are right. It is really hard to watch each and every activity of our kids. We can believe our kids, but some times they may opposite from our expectation. All the parents thought that their kids are good and never cheat them. But some times the children may cheat the parents by hiding their real face.
It is not a bad thing to lie, if it is serves something good. Children especially at some point of their life starts lying but it is common. But lying to a certain extent is acceptable.