a million dollars..

What would you change in your life if you won that kind of money? I think for me I would live the same way I live now because that is not a lot of money to me. I can't see myself living off that for the rest of my life either. if you pay the kind of rent Ny charges in a great area your looking at spending most of it just for rent or mortgage. I don't think I would tell anyone I won that money either. because by the time they finish asking me for money I would have nothing left.
@asliah (11149)
that money is really nice and it will really change our life style,for me i will still live like the life that what i had before and until now,i will never change my lifestyle,i think the thing that i will change is on how to handle that amount of money.
A big amount of money would not "change" my life, but it would make it better in many small ways. I would invite some friends for my vacations (I have trouble finding someone who can go with me sharing expenses). I would not mind so much using taxis when I need to. I would do some fixings at home (I`m always thinking about them and don`t have the money to do it). But I own a nice house in a nice neighborhood (mortage paid), I don`t spend much on clothes and other things so it would be just for small luxuries.
@RitterSport (2452)
• Lippstadt, Germany
my life would not change much if I won that million dollars. I would continue going to work and earning my money with that part time job. I would just put that money away so I could really stop working with 60 years old instead of with 67 years old and have a nice financially relaxed time then instead of having to turn the dollar several times before spending it.
@TLilly12 (1230)
If I had A Million Dollars, I would pay off all my bills, and then I would buy furniture for my apartment, and then I would go shopping, for myself and buy things I needed for myself, like another computer, and another cell phone the nest one they have out there,and I would treat myself to dinner, and I would open up a saving account, for my granddaughter.
@natliegleb (5186)
it is cool money and in this era the spending capacity is only increasing and is a big cause of worry,i would have left it by the way
@redredrose (1107)
If i won that kind of money i would pay off all my debts like bills house etc. Then i would give some of it to my parents siblings and their kids in order so they could pay off bills and save for kids college. I would also not ever tell anyone other than my immediate family i won and i would tell the news not to broadcast it. If anyone ever found out and came to me saying they were a long lost friend or family or someone i even knew asking for money i would say no because you weren't here for me before i had the money so you are not using me for it now. then i would just keep the rest for myself and buy maybe a bit bigger house and travel to see every place i never saw but that's really it. My life wouldn't change much.
As an amount of money all coming to me at one time, it really does sound like a lot of money but in the grand scheme of things that really wouldn't be a lot of money and it wouldn't be enough that my husband would be able to quit his job. However, I, like so many other people, have thought about what I would do if I had access to that kind of money. The first thing that I would do is I would pay off my house and my mother's as well. I would also buy myself a new car and also plan a vacation for our family and my best friend and her children. After that, however, I would invest the rest so that I would hopefully never be able to say that I was broke.
I wouldn't win a million dollars because I'm not wasting my money on lottery tickets. I don't have money to throw away on a chance. That being said, I would invest most of it in rental properties. And bank a few hundred thousand and live off the interest. If we bought our house the payments would be under $750 a month. We have a beautiful home that was bought at a great price. His mom would just sell it to us to get her money back. Not to make a killing on us.
@doroffee (4230)
• Hungary
There are some things that I would buy for myself from it. I would have laser hair removal on my body, I would buy a house and furnish it the way I'd like, a nice quality camera, I would take up on lomography, and I would book a nice holiday in a country I wanna visit. I would only tell the news to people I really trust (that's about 10 people), other people I would not tell. After that, I would out most of it into bank accounts, and try to live off of what's left. I don't see myself giving up on my jobn, because who knows what happens, right?
You do realize that winning a million dollars really is nothing, right? Subtract out taxes. Pay any debts. Buy a very modest house in a decent area. That leaves you with only enough to comfortably live off for about a decade, unless you are either really frugal or really good at investing.
@jiiiiin (569)
If I won a million dollar I will buy our old house where I grew up because I have many happy memories there. I will also invest the money into a good business so that it can multiply.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Well I think you are a little nuts...First of all thats a lot of money for anyone living on a fixed income such as myself. I would absolutely change in a heart beat but I would NEVER forget my family and 3 friends.. I don;t think I would stay in New York, there would definately have a home somewhere else for sure..
@nanayangel (7815)
Hi there giftsandbagscom! If I have a million dollars, I would probably buy a house, a car and also give my relatives some so that they can have their own business. I will ask them not to say anything about it even though that would be impossible. I would give part of it for charity as well, probably for an organization that helps abused children and also some for our church.a