She asked to have company in my bedroom.

My daughter opened the door as i was coming in and she said,what are you doing home so soon. I said,I left to come home why and she said I am having company. then she said who was coming I then told her the girl was down stairs in the lobby. Then she asked me if she could go in my room. I told her no and now she is outside with her company. I don't know what made her ask me that she knows I don't play that with my bedroom. I told her how nice it is outside so she is out there with her girlfriend.
@911Ricki (13602)
I thought you were going to say she wanted to bring a guy home. I hate having people in my bedroom, I know one time I was at work, and my younger brothers girlfriend wanted to see my rabbit. She just goes in and sees him, I came home to her sitting on my floor, petting my rabbit. Not that I have anything to hide but just that's my space.
That was not right of her to go in your room like that. hope nothing was missing.
@911Ricki (13602)
Nope, I think she's afraid of me. She was shaking and ran out of my room. According to evryone else I was being mean. But I think it's only right to ask before going into someone's room.
@tiffnkeat (1679)
It's your right to say no, but could you have hear her out on why she wanted to use the bedroom. She's your daughter, and it may not be for play. Perhaps it's quieter and both her friend and her can study better than to be out in the living room? Do exercise trust occasionally. It's easier to say NO, but it may surprise her if she care to ask why sometimes too.
No I don't think she should bring her company in my bedroom. bad enough I get tired of them coming to my house. the more people walk in the more I need to mop. if she wanted to watch tv I would let her turn mine.
@MoonGypsy (4613)
i don't blame you. i am freaky about my bedroom, too. i don't blame for not letting that girl in your room.
I am that way about my bed and my private stuff and she knows that too.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
I truly hope you mean that..You know you have to draw the line some where..I remember that you have on here that you don't care what your daughter says or do to you, you just want her in your life...which is good to have her in your life but "TO BE ALLOWED TO DO AND SAY ANYTHING SHE WANTS TO YOU IS JUST WRONG"..there HAS to me a line drawn somewhere..
She went outside with her company and then they came back in to the dining table.
@besweet (7227)
• Greece
I don't like people hanging out in my room either, unless they are invited by me! What you said was reasonable and I am.sure that she understood. In any case, it is more comfortable to stay in the living room or kitchen when friends come over!
I let her go outside with her friend and they came back in and sat at the dining table.
@Blondie2222 (22364)
I don't blame you for not wanting to have her company in your room. I wouldn't trust having anyone in my bedroom that i didn't know. Plus my room is my own space and my private stuff. Atleast your daughter listened and they went outside and she didn't fight you over it.
NO she does not fight with me any more. I am glad for that because I was so tired of it.
My bedroom is a no child zone. Unless they were sick, or were having a nightmare. Perhaps she wanted your company?
no I was in the living room she wanted company of her own in my room.
I wouldn't want anyone in my bedroom either.
That is what she had better understand as well. she knows better as well.
I will occasionally allow my children to take their friends into my bedroom if there is something that they would like to watch on television as my room is the only room in the house where we have a cable box. However, other than that I don't allow them to take anyone into the bedroom. For the most part, I feel like when we have company at our homes that they should visit in the living areas of the home as the bedroom is your own space that you don't necessarily want other people to see.
@Ghajini (776)
Yes, your bedroom is a private/personal place. I personally don't want people going into my room, unless it's really something important. It's not that I don't trust other people even they are my relatives or friends. It's just better to be careful than sorry.
@argie28 (10)
most people dont want to hav company in their bedroom........ mother you hav to understand that.......it's like a couple's bedroom is a couple's bedroom.. not shared with other couples....
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
Im sure you have told her that before, she needs to be told the rules. And abide by them there.
@dagami (1162)
• Rome, Italy
i wouldn't want other people staying in my bedroom without my presence either. can they not stay in the living room?