In-Laws Are Even Haunting Me In My Dreams Now

@Janey1966 (24126)
Carlisle, England
I just can't get rid of them can I? Overnight I had a dream about the in-laws and I can safely say it wasn't very pleasant. It involved me travelling with them on a double-decker bus in Blackpool. We were all on the top deck, I was nearer the front and they sauntered off to the back (because they're anti-social) lol. John, my hubby, was nowhere to be seen, interestingly. Anyway, I got lost in my own little world whilst travelling but noticed that, after a while, the bus seemed to be going way past my stop. As far as I could recall the 3 of us wanted to go into Town, only about 4 stops away..but the bus had stopped a few times before I realised (upon looking round) that the in-laws had got off the bus, not telling me as they passed me that it was time to get off. B*STARDS! I confirmed this with the driver and said, 'Has a miserable-looking woman with white hair got off the bus with a man?' to which he replied (rather smugly), 'Yeh, AGES ago!' Well, that got my back up even more. The dream (or should I say, 'nightmare') ended with me turning up at their house, which is in Carlisle of course and laying into my FIL in particular. I called him allsorts, then I turned on his Mrs. I really let rip into her, reeling off all the times she has upset me (and John) in the past. Unfortunately, none of my rants registered with either of them because they were p*ssed..in broad daylight no less. I did notice that the living-room had changed (again) and the walls were bare, the fireplace had moved to one side of the chimney breast instead of being in the middle..and it was encased in some strange brickwork. It was hideous. Then I woke up. Do you ever dream about the in-laws? God, I hope not!
@ElicBxn (60895)
No in laws, so not a problem I've got... Now, when Maggiepie lived here her mother lived with us for a while and so did her crazy aunt, happily, I never dreamed about them either!
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
Excellent! You must've all got along swimmingly then.
@ElicBxn (60895)
Ha! As IF!
@BarBaraPrz (20542)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Do you feel any better for having yelled at them, if only in a dream?
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
Oh God yes.
@wolfie34 (26793)
Jokingly, if I had dream which involved Blackpool it would be an instant nightmare, I hate that place, sorry my friend, but Blackpool evokes a lot of bad memories for me, and if I never visit that place again it will be too soon. Fortunately I don't have any inlaws, I used to dream tonnes when I was on my last medication, most were pretty bad, although I had one the other night and I was being eaten by a shark! I do find dreams are hard to interpret. At least in the dream you can wake up!
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
When did you last visit? It has changed a lot although the Cowboys who have re-surfaced the Prom..well, it's all coming up again. If the job had gone to the locals (or Tarmac Roadstone, the only private tarmacing firm to be any good) fair enough. It doesn't help when the deprived bits of Blackpool are always depicted on telly. At least the houses are cheap. Well, anywhere up north is cheaper than Carlisle. The houses here are horrendous. No-one does any work on them!
@kalav56 (11502)
Strange dream but shows how affected you are by them.I do get some peculiar dreams but not dreams featuring in-laws. One recurrent dream of mine is that I am scheduled to go on a long journey by an infrequent train and I run in the platform to catch it but I miss it.This same train features in many of my dreams.
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
Have you ever seen the 'Skyfall' film? There's a brilliant tube train scene in that where Bond chases after a train with the villain on it, throws himself onto the back, asks the bewildered member of staff to let him in then goes..'Health & Safety.' It's so funny. What your dream means though I've no idea. Public transport has featured a lot in my dreams of late..or running, that type of thing. Not all the dreams are unpleasant though, which is a relief!
@kalav56 (11502)
Oh! I must see this film then.My dream obviously means I have been travelling by different trains and one particular train caught my fancy.It is a muddled image from my subconscious.
@jenny1015 (13389)
I am not sure if I've ever dreamed about them. Maybe I did, but couldn't remember. Haven't recall any dream for a long time. I wonder why...............
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
My hubby can never remember his dreams either. We all dream, it's just some of us can remember them and others cannot. No idea why though.
@jenny1015 (13389)
We do always dream but we do not get to remember them all the time. Some Theorists say that we dream mostly about the thoughts and wishes that we repress . Others say that if dreaming is not so intense it is difficult to remember them. Another reason may be that dreams are never the same , they have to be repeated in order for us to remember them.
@kingparker (9698)
I guess those in - laws of yours really gave you hard time in a real world. Now, even in your dream, you just dreamt about how horrible they are, and how much you hate to be with them. I am not married yet, and I hope that my future in - laws won't be like that. I wish that I can go along with them well, and not to cause any conflict with them.
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
I wish you well my friend. My FIL is actually quite upbeat most of the time. It's a shame he's so heavily influenced by the behaviour of his Mrs. He treads on eggshells in her presence (especially when she's been drinking a lot) and he expects everyone else to be the same. Not me. If I don't like some horrible thing she says I'll say so. This is why I haven't seen her for nearly a year as she's refusing to come to the house. GOOD!
I never dreamed about my in laws thank God. My father in law was a good man who I really liked very much. My mother in law is an evil witch but my husband has nothing to do with her anyway so I don't have to worry about it. Lol. She ignored my daughter when she called for her from next door, so my husband has never spoken to her since. I don't dream about her because she has nothing to do with my life anymore, thank God!
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
Does your MIL live next door to you then? Oh God, that would be my ULTIMATE nightmare! It's not nice being ignored, especially when there's absolutely no reason for it. I do get along better with the FIL but I can use him for DIY jobs around the house. He seems to think he's doing us a favour (and he's pretending to like me I can tell, typical Scorpio two-faced t*sser that he is) but what he doesn't realise is...I KNOW he's pretending. If he wasn't pretending then he'd come round on his own without his Mrs knowing.
I have no in-law yet and I am sure I don want something like your dream happen to me I prefer, if I may choose, to have a dream where me and my future in-law are at the beach and having BBQ party, but not only me and them, with all family and friends
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
No way would I have a nice dream like that about my in-laws but yours does sound a much better alternative. In fact, I will daydream it now..and make sure it's just me and my hubby that's on the beach at the party. There..that's better.
Interesting dream! Well, fortunately I don't have in laws yet, but after I get married, I may have them soon. Well for me the one I consider nightmare is the dream which involve my evil co-workers. Or so you call it. I won't ever consider to have a dream about them. It will be a total nightmare for me! As for your dream, yeah it's a total nightmare. It feels so bad to be ignored. That's like what I experience after evil co-worker spread lies about me. That reminds me totally with my own experience.
In-laws were so mean to you in the dream.They went so far as to treated you as a stranger and got off the bus without telling you.However that gave you a chance to vent your spleen,which was what you can't do in real life.