The Worst Cook In America

@Fishmomma (11562)
Honestly, I wasn't going to watch the show, as felt there wasn't anything I could learn on the show. The fire started on the first episode was hard to believe and just how bad these people were at the beginning was eye opening. What have I learned was the question my husband asked me and I told him there was an episode where they learned how to cook a hamburger and the first thing I see somebody do is use the hamburger turner to press down on the top of the hamburger. I hate to admit so do I and no more for me. It dries out the hamburger according to the chefs, which changes the taste of the meat. Honestly, I would do it to make sure I would have less grease, but I should use a meat with a lower amount of fat for my entire family. I am already on low fat meats because of my hospital stay. My husband likes to pick meat out for himself at the store. I told him to pick low fat meat, so I won't be tempted to use the spatula in a bad way. Tonight I saw them make a cake and it was interesting to see the Sweet Genius teach us how to make a 4 layer cake. You make 2 round cakes, then slice each cake in half. I'm going to try it, as have never made a 4 layer cake. I was impressed, as my cakes are normally 2 layer cakes and a couple people made cakes I wanted to try them. Have you watched the show? Do you enjoy cooking and baking?
@dragon54u (31407)
I'm glad you watched it because it sounds like something I would find interesting. I generally avoid reality shows but I might tune into this one. I did not know that about cooking hamburger! I do know that the fat content gives it flavor but I've accustomed myself to low fat, when I actually do cook a hamburger. I have one about once a month or so since I'm not a big red meat eater. I used to cook every day for my family but after my divorce I favored pre-cooked and frozen foods just because I could escape that chore. I would like to cook more but I can no longer stand at a stove or counter for more than a couple of minutes. However, I've learned a lot about food the past few years and try to avoid the frozen and processed ones so I do cook more than I used to. I'll take one day a week to cook and I have a chair that I can use by the stove and I use the dining room table instead of the kitchen counter for chopping and slicing. I freeze portions so I can just take a "frozen dinner" from the freezer and not cook but still avoid all the chemicals and preservatives and God-knows-what that goes into that stuff! I don't enjoy cooking but do it because it's healthier. I think I'll watch the show, thanks for the review!
@Fishmomma (11562)
I don't watch a lot of reality television like years ago. This one makes me realize my cooking skills are good, but could be improved by using some of the tips. It was hard for me to believe the show with bad cooks would be the one I really like, as I use to regularly watch Top Chef. Thanks for posting.
I love the show. It amazes me how many bad cooks there are out there and how some of them do not even try. I felt bad for the one guy who could not eat the Italian Ice Cream because he is Lactose Intolerant. I am glad that I am not a bad cook and have learned from the show as well. I am glad that I learned how to cut an onion without crying because in the past every time I cut an onion my eyes would tear up. My favorite is Carla and I am sorry that they booted her off.
@Fishmomma (11562)
I was sorry to see her go also. She learned a lot from the show. I'm hoping in the future we get to see how well they are doing with their new knowledge. Its good to know how to cut onions, as its cheaper to cut them ourselves, then buying already cut from the store. Thanks for posting.
@KrauseHome (34153)
I Love this show, and try to catch it every week. I really like Carla, and even though she is not the Best cook she is interesting to watch. The Cake one was quite an interesting episode for sure, and taught a couple things I never knew, and I am sure more people never knew that you cut the cakes in 1/2 like that to make it look more creative.
@Fishmomma (11562)
Carla is so happy to be there and really is happy with the host. I loved the little boys on the cake episode and that cake made for them that won sure would have made any young boys happy across the country. Its good to see how much they have learned about cooking. I'm hoping this show gets renewed as think its good to see people of all cooking abilities can learn at home. I'm going to make my husband a cake for his birthday soon. That episode really helped me know that anyone can come up with a great idea for a cake. Thanks for posting.
I thought this was about my mother - she was the worst cook in the world!