Have you ever used bill pay?

I went to my bank account and scheduled my bill payments for April and then I took my debit card out of my wallet and put it in my draw. I am going to forget it is in there by next month. I set up payment on everything from my rent to my smaller bills. I even called one company I forgot about and got my account number to make a recurring payment and then contacted the people for the $100 and made arrangements to make two payments. Oh,how happy I will be after these are taken care of. I am getting my credit card out of here as well. I plan to make payments and not use the card. this is another month I went without shopping for myself. so,I will do it again next month. If this all goes well I will make scheduled payments for may as well. but,I need $100 for kay's birthday and in july adrain's bithday.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
I used it in usa for all my bills. i also got points for using it from bank. And got a few prizes each year.
They took the points away from our bank. I did get a gift card once.
• Mexico
oh ok, those were really nice. i got mine with wells fargo bank in las vegas. Have a super weekend there.
I also use bill payments for the life insurance, car insurance, our water, and also for the newspaper. I wish our landlady would allow us to use bill pay, but it is not allowed because in the past the bank had given them trouble to where there were overcharging some tenants and not charging any. The landlady got so frustrated that they decided to get rid of this practice. Can you try to save the money you need for Kay's and Adrian's gifts instead of using your credit card.
I am most likely giving kay money for her birthday. But,adrain i am not sure about he is just spoiled rotton.
@MoonGypsy (4613)
i have pretty much all my bills paid on automatic as well. this is the best way for me. i like to know how much money i will be able to have for myself.
I never thought about doing this before. I will see about it next month as well.
@911Ricki (13602)
I pay my bills month to month, they do have automatic, but my bills go up and down. I put most everything except my actual bills i.e. rent, internet, car insurance on it. My car insurance, I put away each month, and write a cheque, which saves me money and it's a one time a year deal. I had automatic payments for my VISA, and cellphone a number of years back they royally screwed it up, be taken out this day, and suppose to be 3 weeks earlier. I told them to shove it, and I would do it manually. I keep a few credit caardss but don't use them to keep my credit in good standing, although I already pay everything on time, and my credit is amasing according to the mortgage specialist. I only spend what is in the account, sometmes if something comes up I will put it on my credit card but it is paid right away.
@rosekiss (30079)
• Eugene, Oregon
I pay all my bills online, but I pay them through their websites. It is just easier for me than setting them up through the bank. I have been pahying bills online for quite some time now. it is certainly much faster than sending the bills through the mail, which may or may not get there on time. I just have to make sure that I keep track of them all on my check register, or write them down, then put them in the check register, later. As long as i don't forget to pay my bills I am okay, but I do forget them once in awhile, but I do get them paid within a few days after the due date. I don't know what i would do without the internet, as it is a valuable asset to have. Take care, gifts, and have a good day.
@TLilly12 (1230)
No I don't use bill pay, I was trying to sign up for it, but they checked my credit and said, I could not sign up for bill pay, at this time so I will, have to buy money orders to pay my bills, which isn't a big deal for me any way, as long as the bill gets paid, that is all I am concern about.
Hey, I am very happy for you that you have started to save money with aim to celebrate the birthdays. And first of all congratulate you on refraining from using credit cards. credit card is an instrument which if used prudently is a good instrument otherwise the compounding interest becomes heavy. And hoping that you will be able to reach all your financial goals by being prudent.
@winterose (39929)
here we call it direct deposit and yes I have everything on it, except my credit card because I don't give them the same amount all the time. I also pay them twice a month. My first credit with capital one was 500 now I have a credit limit of 2000 but of course my credit card is never even close to that much charges. I used it for emergency and then I pay the whole card off in a few payments.
@sid556 (31018)
I have never used the bill pay where I allow anyone to just take from my account because I've heard so many horror stories regarding this. If they take out even hours before your money is deposited into your account then it can cause overdraft fees and all sorts of problems. I do have my bank set up on-line where I go in and pay the individual bills myself. I just feel more comfortable with that. I did once set up an automatic payment through the electric company and I will never do that again. They withdrew a certain amount per week but continued to do so even when the bill was all caught up. Luckily it did not through my account into over-draw but did mess up my budgeting a bit.