I am thinking about my cell phone..

I just redid my entire budget. I already made scheduled payments for most of my bills. The ones I could pay with the bank. I was thinking about giving up my cell phone. I am thinking of reasons I could benefit from not having one. All I can think of is me not paying the bill saves me $25 a month. Then I think about me being in the street and something happening and I not have a phone. and long time ago they removed pay phone as well as mailboxes. when would you give up your cell phone?
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
No, I wold not do it as I regard it as my lifeline to my cildren and emergency services. I need it to for my part time job as travel agencies contact me all the time by phone or email To me, a cell phone is a necessity and not a luxury.
That is all important and I would agree with you. thanks
@carolbee (16241)
No I would not give up my cell. Quite often I am out at night alone and feel so much safer having a cell handy. I refuse to read or answer texts messages while driving but will talk if I get a call. However, I won't answer it if I am in lots of traffic. Just a little too risky. My advice would be to keep your cell phone. Need some kind of safety measure if or when you are walking especially if it's after dark.
It is mainly about budget cut.Perhaps it is reasonable for her to give up cellphone for a period from her standpoint.
I would not be comfortable outside without a phone either and would stay home more than I already do. I think I will find something else to cut back on.
@carolbee (16241)
It's well worth it to me to have a phone but that's just my opinion, for what it's worth! Safety first is what I was always taught.
hi gifts I think prudence is the better part of virtue. If your cell phone will make your life a lot easier and safer I would look at that twenty five dollars as an investment in safety and find another way to save 25 dollars a month. I do not have a cellphone but then I am not o t and about like you are. The one time that you needed the cell phone could make it a real bonus too.At least think about it before deciding either way. A cell p ho9ne in an emergency cu ld really pay for itself a thousand imes olver.
darn typos I hit post too soon ot should be out phone not pho9ne, could not cu ld. darn typos.
I am thinking like you are right now and need to find other ways to cut down on my spending. thanks.
@MoonGypsy (4613)
i wouldn't give up my cell phone because it is a means of contact between me and at least one person in my family at all times for safety.
I know for me I should think of other ways instead of my phone. I don't even use it that much.
@squallming (1777)
I don't think it is that wise to not have a cell phone. Because they are really important at times especially during emergency. While on normal days, you may be expecting to contact your friends and family. I have no idea why you can save 25 dollars from not using your cell phone. Because I am only using a maximum of 10 dollars per month on my prepaid sim card. sometimes not even 5 dollars. Perhapss you are using a postpaid plan which sometimes is really more expensive depends on how you use it.
I pay for unlimited calls and text messages. I got my phone during a special and it cut the bill from $50 to $25
@TLilly12 (1230)
No I will not be giving up, my cell phone I just had my, cell phone turned back on, and the earnings, I make here online will go toward, paying my cell phone bill, I just made a payment on my cell phone bill, my bill is $33.00 but I choose to pay $40.00, I want to make sure my phone doesn't get turned off.the last phone company I have with my phone, was asking for too much money, for my phone bill so I told them to turn the service off.
I should start paying more on my bill so I could get a free month paid up.
I would give up my cellphone if all people do not use them anymore but since it is impossible for cellphones to become obsolete then I wouldn't really give it up. Cellphone is not just a gadget for you to stay in trend but it is also a very important thing. It is of great use in times of emergency. If I were you, I wouldn't give up my phone but just cut down the number of your calls to lessen your bills.
@jenny1015 (13390)
I think that cellphones now have become a necessity. Coz just like you, I think of what might happen while I am alone or out of the house. I need to contact my husband or my parents about what has happened. I used to have a postpaid plan but then I gave it up when I was no longer working. so having the prepaid option serves me best.
@chiyosan (29383)
I cannot really say, I don't think i can give up my phone to be honest. I am already very used to this and I know it's an extension of me already. I would probably have give up my phone when there is a new technology that could replace cellular phones. If none, I am sticking with my phone. It's good you are thinking of the possibilities that you may need the convenience of having a phone with you all the time. Just try to see if you can just downgrade the subscription that you have right now and just use a basic phone.
@911Ricki (13602)
I use it for emergencies and communications. I would give up other things before it. I have gone to work, which is 25 minutes on the backroads, to break down. If I didn't have my cellphone I would of sat there for 6 hours before a car drove by.
@sid556 (31006)
I wouldn't give it up, Gifts. I have a tracfone which is really cheap and I only pay about 20.00 every 3 to 4 months. Only a few people have the number and it is for emergency only. I guess you could go that route if you had a landline as well. I would not recommend a tracfone for everyday use. 25.00 is not all that bad at all. With all the situations you find yourself and your daughter in, I think you should keep it.
@dragon54u (31609)
I would keep the phone. If you have a landline, drop it. You can give up your cable and subscribe to NetFlix--my son pays $10 a month for it and can watch nearly anything he wants. There might be other places where you can cut back, good luck.
@alberello (4755)
Well, even though I arrived at the age of 24 years (it was the year 1999), and had never beforeĀ  a mobile phone, to the present day seems to me almost impossible to stay without the mobile device. Before maybe I do not realize it, but now I often receive important calls, and also as you have specified, it can be useful in extreme emergencies. In the final line I say NO, I would never give away my phone.
@Cutie18f (9564)
Hi Gifts! I have a cheap phone in which I buy regular eload. I need it for my kind of business. It's like my office really so I don't think I will ever give it up. It is also my contact with my family.
• Marion, Kansas
I use Tracfone. I bought the phone, with double minutes for life. I only refill it when I run out of minutes and I add time every three months or so. In other words, after my initial investment, I pay less than ten dollars a month. I do not go online with it, it is not a smart phone. I can text if I want to, but mainly it is for when I am out, for emergencies.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
Id get rid of cable tv, before a cell phone.