What is a pdf ?

I found this and it can teach me how to make a bag. But,It comes in something called pdf. Do you need a printer for this because I don't have one. Thanks. https://www.etsy.com/listing/100180292/pdf-pattern-reusable-grocery-market-tote?ref=sr_gallery_24&ga_search_query=tote+bags&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_ref=auto3&ga_explicit_scope=1&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmadetote+bags
It stands for Portable Document Format and here is a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Document_Format
Thanks very much.
Sure.
It's a file. You should be able to open it. I did.
I can open them on mine and even on my phone.
@rekhum (2434)
You don't need to have a printer if you aren't wanting to print the document for later reference. However, if you have Adobe on your computer, you can open the PDF file, read and/or save it for later reference.
@pals101 (2011)
I think most computer today has an adobe acrobat reader install on it. Download the PDF file and open it using adobe acrobat reader, if you dont have an acrobat reader. You can visit adobe site and download the installer.
I think PDF is a kind of file format. Usually it refers to the E-book. At least many E-books use this format. It is very convenient to read it by the computer, tablet or even the cellphone. I don't think it is necessary to print it out because it will just printing like a book. Your printer will run out of ink soon. It is fine to read it from the digital stuff.
@sid556 (31005)
looks like everyone beat me to this one. you may want to print it out seeing as it is a pattern. if so you can go to the library to print it. how much are you paying for it? i personally don't care for these types of patterns when it comes to sewing because once you print them then you have to enlarge them...it's a pain in the butt really. it could be that this one is simple enough that you could just measure out the material but i find it easier to just have a good pattern that you can lay out , cut and use over and over. if you choose to go with this, i would take some paper and make a pattern that you can re-use.
hi its just a type of file and all you need is adobe reader and it will open it for you so no big problem as most everyone has adobe reader on their computers.Very easy to do.
@911Ricki (13602)
PDF is the file it is saved under, you should be able to open it. I believe it can be opened with Adobe, at least with my computer it does.