Mum Cheered Me Up - So Upbeat About Her New Stair Carpet

@Janey1966 (24127)
Carlisle, England
Earlier I was feeling a bit down as John had to work silly hours today (long story) but Mum managed to ring me at just the right time, and cheered me up in the process. Apparently, it's taken the carpet fitters all afternoon to fit the lapis lazuli (and yes, it does have a blue tinge to it) carpet on the stairs as - according to Mum, 'they were perfectionists' lol. I could tell by her tone of voice that she is ECSTATIC that the carpet is so good and brightens up the area so much. I can't wait to photograph it when I'm there from the 1st April..and the Lowry of course. Well, the carpet should be good at £25 a SQUARE METRE!!!!! Just as well there are off-cuts. The guys are making a runner for the hallway with one piece and a little mat for the cats to sleep on upstairs, as they like sleeping on the landing.
@wolfie34 (26793)
Awwww I loved the 'little mat for the cats' touch, Purrfect. Sorry! So wonderful to hear that your mum is Ecstatic my friend, isn't it great seeing our mums happy and they have a wonderful way of making us feel good and knowing exactly when we need them x
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
My Dad had to spoil it by saying, 'You didn't pick the carpet I wanted' but at least he's seen why my bedroom door doesn't close properly now. Carpet on top of carpet, so that's going to have to be sorted. Mum mentioned the fandabidozi screwdriver but I reckon she'll have to sort it. He doesn't like Lowry either..and that's AFTER Mum put the bloody picture up in the living room! He's no class my Dad..none at all. It's his birthday today and he's still grumpy!!
@wolfie34 (26793)
Why did Victor Meldrew just spring to mind? I don't believe it either ;0)
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
My Dad has the words 'I'm a Martyr and I'm loving it' stamped on his forehead. I dread to think what the house would look like if it was left to him over the years. There would be no extension built for a start!
@doroffee (4230)
• Hungary
I always get cheered up when my beloved get cheered up about something :). It's so nice to hear them rave about something nice. That carpet must be lovely!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I used to have a sample of it myself so I'm trying to imagine a much bigger version of it on Mum's stairs. Anyway, I shall see it in a few day's time so I'll make sure I take a photograph. Hopefully, I'll be able to capture its brightness!
What your doing is really good for you are thinking the pleasure of other people and for them to enjoy what you done, keep it up it will encourage good relation in the future and happiness for you
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
It's a two way thing. Whenever I have something done in this house Mum gets enthusiastic along with me. It's great!
I'm glad that your mother got what she wanted. I love that the cats are getting their own little mat as well.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I know, it's great isn't it? Cats love new carpets so I'm sure Mum's will love their very own version of the stair carpet..not that they're not allowed to go elsewhere, you understand. They're always looking out for new places to sleep and my cat does the same.
@echoforever (5192)
Its nice she's so up beat and her attitude helped you today when you needed it. I hope she likes her carpets, sounds like she does so that's what's most important.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
She did think long and hard about the colour and thickness of the carpet..and she loves both so onto a definite winner. Interestingly, it's in the same range as one I'm after which is why I'm looking forward to seeing it a week on Monday.
hi janey I loved the picture of the sample carpet so am sure the stairs really look just great. Glad yourr mom was so happy with the looks and how it does brighten up the area. I am, glad the carpet layers were perfectionists as that would otherwise have meant it would be an eyesore as perfectly laid carpet looks perfect and the color will shine through.Screwed up carpet looks well screwed up all bumpy and lumpyand unsightly too.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I agree. The fitters in question fit carpets supplied by the shop Mum bought the carpet from and - from what Mum's been told, they have a really good reputation (father and son) and it's great they're making her an extra runner and mat for the cats with the off-cuts.
It really made your day! The carpet fitters did do a good job and nothing went to waste.