$3 exchange for $2.2. million? that is a deal

It was all over the news last night, and this morning, my co - worker also brought it up. It can be happen through many factors, and we are simply ordinary people, no expert of appraisers on antiques which is over 1,000 years old. A lady bought an antique bowl from yard sale in 2007 which she negotiate down to $3.00, which she thought was an ordinary bowl with flower print on it. After 6 years later, nowadays, through appraised from experts, in an auction, it was worth $2.2 million. How much that might change one's life. Unbelievable. Maybe we should have done some treasure hunting someday, we might discover some priceless treasures. http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/20/business/sothebys-china-bowl
@Dominique25 (9476)
Yes, things like that are absolutely amazing to me. I do agree we should be treasure hunting for things like that. But it is hard to know that something is worth so much. Perhaps I should start watching programs like antique road shows on tv. It would awesome to find something like that.
@MoonGypsy (4613)
the best show to watch is like storage wars on A&E.
@inertia4 (27688)
That is an amazing story. It goes to show you how some people don't know what they really have in their possession. I wish I was that lucky. But that is not my luck. But one never knows.
Treasure hunting is always an adventure and is always a pleasure and friendly advice don't do it if you don't have enough in life do it if you have already a sum to survive and you will enjoy the pleasure of doing it. The reasons is, it is one in a million to have one. But it always have the enjoyment
@Porcospino (18385)
• Denmark
My husband read about that story tonight and he told what happened. We joked about it and agreed that we had to check the things very carefully next time we visit a yard sale I would be an amazing feeling to buy something that looks like an ordinary thing and discover that it was worth a lot of money! Most people don't experience that, but it does happen sometimes, and I heard about people from my country who have bought things at yard sale without knowing how valuable it actually was. I hope that the same would happen to me. Maybe I should learn more about antiques and learn how to recognize antique things
@MoonGypsy (4613)
my husband and i went to a yard sale and paid $5 for gold bracelet that turned out to be real 14k gold. we weighted it at 14.7g! we haven't sold it yet. we are going to hold on to it.
@BabyCheetah (1913)
Wow that's just amazing and crazy! It's good to go to the markets but you have to know what to look out for, I would personally have no idea myself. That lady had a lucky find indeed lucky she never dropped or broke it
@dagami (1162)
• Rome, Italy
lucky lady... i once bought an old silver bowl in a flea market. i paid 3 euros for it. for five years it was just there on a corner, i never shined or took good care of it. it got discolored so i sold it to the shops that buy gold and silver. they paid me 168 euros for it. a far cry from the millions that the lady got but i did earn well from that transaction. years ago, i used to get up early during sundays and i would go to the flea market to hunt for something unique.