The lady was so nice to me.

When I finally got to the woman's house someone across the street said to go to the back. I did and she was waiting at the door. she said,come in and see if you want something here. So,we went in and my nerves were fine. but,then she told me to take all the shoes that were there for my mother. a garbage bag full at that good thing I had my cart. then she asked me to take a seat for a while and then my nerves got bad. I was like anyone could be in the next room. lol. but,she was telling me how she was waiting for this man to come pick up the wall unit and oriental rug. both in great shape for free. she was telling me how she has no one in her life to help her and she is tired and in pain. we got to talking and I mentioned needing fabric for my bags. she told me she has tons of fabric if I cna come back early next week we can pick it out. I was like this is just awesome. and she asked me to go to the kitchen and look on the table at some oven ware. which I needed so,I took it. Then we went back to sit in the living room and I realized I need to come back to help her pack so the day I get the material I will stay all day to help her pack. she offered me a great bakers rack for $30 and I am going to see about getting it. she then took me to her beautiful bed room to see if I could get her $120 for her full sized bed. I was like oh my god that is a beautiful bed. and she is giving up the linen and heating pad and so much more. she is down sizing from a three bed room house to a one bedroom. so,the trip was ok and I think I have a new friend. she took down my number and address and she wants to call me. I had a really great time talking to her and would help her out anytime she needed it. I am going to let her know that I will help her pack and unpack if she needs me. she is 67 and lives with a roommate who will stay in the house two extra months. she will save $500 a month just by moving. and the lights,cable,phone are included in the $800 a month she will pay for rent.
What woman was this? I bet she will be thankful to have your help when you come back. Old people are so cool and have so many interesting stories about their lives. I hope you spent time with her. She might help you in ways you can't even fathom. Old people understand things we don't.
She is the lady I met on freecycle that has no one in her life and is moving. as long as I have the train fare I will be able to help her.
Oh, I didn't know that from what you said. That is cool that you are helping her.
That is wonderful. I think this new friendship will be good for both of them.
@MoonGypsy (4613)
you see, i knew it would turn out okay. you got yourself you new stuff and found yourself a new friend. not too much of a bad day. are you home alone again tonight?
No adrain is coming soon kay won't get home till after 1 am.. Next week I should have more meds and we are going to get me a key to his house and I will see if I can sleep here alone after that.
@MoonGypsy (4613)
okay, that's good. as long as you don't have to be uncomfortable to for too long.
He is trying to call now but the signal keeps dropping.
@jenny1015 (13390)
She seem to be a sweet lady. And indeed, you have found a new friend. haven't she thought of selling her other great stuff instead of just giving them for free? I mean, I am sure it would be really great to have few bucks before leaving the house.
She tried and got not too many people who came for it. I am buying the bed and bakers rack and she is selling the treadmill as well.
• Marion, Kansas
Gifts it is good for you to have someone like this in your life. Friendship is two way and each of you can help the other out.
That is what I am hoping as well. thanks hope your doing well. I have missed you a few days.
That's wonderful that you got all that stuff plus made a new friend. I'm so glad to hear it.
Thanks so much. I hope I don't scare her with my bad nerves.
@pahak627 (4198)
Your new friend seems lonely. She's lucky to have you as a friend and you too since, she seems to be a nice woman. Hope you will getting along with each other.
That sweet lady is a blessing in my life. she told me to bring my pattern and she will show me how to see the purse.
@MsTickle (24991)
You have such a good heart Sharon. Do you ever wonder why these people come into your life? It's probably because you need them or they need you or both. Think about it. You have the kindest most giving, most forgiving heart of anyone I know.
It sounds to me like not only is this lady downsizing her home, it also seems to me like she is lonely as well and that is the reason that she invited you to stay with her for a little while. I'm also glad to hear that you had a nice time with her and that you believe that you've been able to make a new friend. Some of the best friends that I've got in my life are people that I've really met quite by chance.
That is still a lot of money. Around here you can get a big house for 700 dollars a month. My daughter lives in a ski resort and pays 875 a month.
I am so glad that you made a new friend and that you are able to buy a new bed. Will you be giving your old bed to your mom or this bed to your mom. I am also glad that you found a lot of free things that you can use. It is nice of you to offer to help her pack because I know how hard it is to pack. I hope she can get the bed to you and also the rack. The price for the rack and bed are a great deal.