The GOD saved my and family from a Gas blast in my home just 4 hour back.

India
March 26, 2013 2:16pm CST
Hello friends, If that thing was happen, the I will not be here to write any comments to you. My wife was sleeping in bedroom as she is not well. My son playing the computer game and my daughter is seeing the TV in the front room. I was in kitchen to make some food for us. I just kept the Iron Tawa in the Gas stove. I put some oil in it for frying Papad. Then suddenly I cam to the front room and just sit in the sofa and watching want my daughter seeing in the TV. For some moments I forget that I kept the oil in the stove. After near about 5 to 10 minutes, suddenly I remember the thing and run to the kitchen and shocked to see that the kitchen full of smoke. The Iron Tawa in the stove. The oil in the Tawa is in fire. The Gas cylinder is on. I just controlled by myself. I was worried what to do. If I get late, then the fire will move to the gas pipe line and the cylinder will be blast. There are another cylinder with full gas is also there. If I call anybody then they will be panic and call the neighbours. My wife is in the bedroom and kids are in the front room. Both rooms and just near the kitchen. If any thing happen then complete building (flats) will destroy. My sixth sense is worked. I prayed to the GOD. Then I went to near the stove and switch off the Gas stove. I taken the Tawa and kept it to the Sink. While keeping the Tawa some of the oil fell in the sink. The sink is the concrete. There are some water there. The oil with the fire is spread in the sink in the water. I don't know what to do. I decided to call my son (16 years old). He came and panic. He told me not to do anything. Just wait till the entire oil is finished by fire. It has taken nearly 15 minutes to fire off. I put the fan on to remove the smoke to outside through the window. After half an hour I called my wife for having the food. We four sit in the front room and had the food. I never told my wife and daughter about the incident. My son asked me secretly that if the stove is blasted then we will not be hear to have this food. GOD blessed us. The moral is : if you are working in the kitchen, then should not go out for any other work while switch on the Gas stove.
1 person likes this
7 responses
@nitinnair89 (2895)
• India
27 Mar 13
You got lucky. People make such mistakes often forgetting things. You are safe now so don't repeat it. Take care.
• India
28 Mar 13
Thanks for your response. Ya I am safe and taking care to avoid such mistakes.
• India
29 Mar 13
Hmm. Did you not yet tell this to your wife? Lol.
• India
2 Apr 13
No
@cudamani (998)
• India
2 Apr 13
It is during such situations that God comes into action. He protects everyone on this Earth for sure at the right time. I am glad you are all safe. Be more careful when it comes to switching off cylinders.
• India
3 Apr 13
Yes sir, those who is not having anybody he will have the GOD with him. Those things are happening which good for. I am going ahead in my life with these two lines only. Thanks for your comments.
@stary1 (6622)
• United States
28 Mar 13
prudhviraja I am glad you survived to tell us this incident. I am not sure if a Tawa can be covered, but if it can be, that would smother the fire and put it out. LOL I didn't know what an Iron Tawa was so I looked it up..it appears to be a very shallow pan. I have set frying pans on fire before when the oil became too hot, but all I had to do is cover the pan and the fire went out. I know you will never leave the room again while there is oil heating on the stove and ...glad you are OK!!
• India
28 Mar 13
Thanks Stary for your comment. Yes with the GOD bless we are in safe. This Tawa is made on Iron metal. It is mainly using to fry some thing. It cannot be covered. It is open. I don't know how the fire comes to this oil. First the oil is get hot and smoke started. Then automatically the fire started. The frying pans are made some other metal. This iron metal tawa is used traditionaly in India. Any way thanks for your comment.
@WakeUpKitty (8711)
• Netherlands
27 Mar 13
Sorry but I don't read anything about god saving you. It was you who suddenly remembered you were cooking/forgot about it (or might be you even smelled the smoke). And yes this is a very good lesson. Do things one by one instead of all together (and thinking it's possible or it will save you time). It won't. Plus if it comes to cooking: pay attention to it, a meal cooked with attention/love tastes way better anyway.
• India
28 Mar 13
Thanks Kitty, Yes, I done every thing. But the GOD reminded me to do this. I have not get the smell. I got some reflection in my front rooms door which is towards the kitchen. Actually I am trying to pay attention when ever or what ever I do. But due to office work, tension etc. I came to the home then I saw my wife is not well. So next option to cook myself. Due to the uneasiness I just sit in the room and suddenly I forget about the kitchen. It was happened. Any way we are in safe. Got a good experience. Now I am taking care more.
1 person likes this
@jadoixa (1171)
• Philippines
27 Mar 13
God blessed you all to be safe, sometimes it happens that we do something in the kitchen and then we lost our thought and forgot about all what we do., similar incidents also happen several times with me, sometimes my father cook something in the stove and forgot all about it, or left the gas open, luckily i was able to go to the kitchen and saw it or sometimes i always go to the kitchen and check if the gas stove is not turned off or the gas tank is off, because sometimes other people tend to forgot about these things and this is really dangerous, so we must all be careful and always double check or turn off the gas stove and tank after cooking and using it. this is a very important routine..
• India
28 Mar 13
Yes one will learn the mistake from experience only. We have to take care while cooking, driving, walking etc. More care has to take while in kitchen. Any way by the God's help we are in safe now. Thanks.
@MoonGypsy (4615)
• United States
27 Mar 13
omg! i am so glad that you were not killed. my brother always tells me that one can't cook in the living room. i guess he was right.
• India
28 Mar 13
Ha Ha, you are writing that you are so glad that I am not killed. If I killed then how I will put this message in the Mylot. Yes we should take more care while in Kitchen especially while cooking.
@dagami (1163)
• Rome, Italy
26 Mar 13
it was good that you didn't panic. by staying calm you were able to save your family. lucky that the fire didn't spread otherwise since you didn't alert your family, all of you could have been hurt. i hope you'll learn from this. i hope it doesn't happen again but if it does, tell your family and everyone inside the building to go out in order to avoid more damage.
• India
28 Mar 13
Yes thanks Dagami for your comments. I controlled myself. I know I will be panic then what about others. But with the God helped me, saved me and others.