How will you react?

@rubyroy (824)
When you go to a government office,If you find half the employees are on leave because the next two days are holidays,how will you react. You had submitted the application two months before and it was pushed to the bottom,because you never came in person to push it forward? When the employee went on leave,he never instructed others as what to do with the pending files and thus your application for an urgent matter got held up and you had financial loss because how will you react? When you brought this matter to the concerned employee,he said that any file coming to the office will have a waiting period of more than one month,how will you react?
@doroffee (4230)
• Hungary
I would try to find a place where I can file a complaint. This is obnoxious. I mean, they either should have told you how much the waiting period is going to be, or do it as soon as they can. It's ridiculous, especially if they don't even apologize.
@rubyroy (824)
Government offices are notorious for their laziness and inertia.
Thanks for this discussion Ruby I am facing this, 3 weeks ago i received a letter from govt telling me i should meet the treasury officer to receive the arrear payment of 60, 000 ; well i went to office, i was told the officer was on tour, the sectional officer was on leave, the dealing clerk has gone for tea etc, etc Fortunately i met him one day, i was told , they have not received their copy of this order, without getting it, they can't proceed, last time i went was day before yesterday, i was told it has not reached. now there is series of holidays, dola, holi, friday, and sunday, most have taken leave on Saturday , i am fade up.
@rubyroy (824)
Life is one big holiday for the governments departments in India.When You want some work done from these departments,you come to know the disadvantages of having too much holidays.
@Raine38 (9193)
I would be totally pissed. Two months processing time? Geesh. I was asking for my transcript of records from my university back in my home country. It is a state university, and I was told that it would take 2 months for them to process it. What the! I can't believe that this is how even other branches of the government operates.
@rubyroy (824)
Patiently follow it up and ask for explanation for the delay.See higher authorities and explain the delay and the inconvenience it causes.
I hate this!!! Same thing happens to every time I leave my country. I am passed around from person to another. And yeah, i don't really know what i would do. I would like to just burn the institution concerned. It is really funny how people could just file a leave of absence before a break. Isn't it that breaks were also planned at least a year beforehand? It was put there not for us to extend the vacation more but to manage our time around it. I don't understand this coz in my job, this is just a no, no.
@rubyroy (824)
Life is a rough scene,when you want to get work done from outside governmental agencies.Patience and making people aware of this is the only peaceful way open to find a solution to it.