Things Are Getting Better

@velvet53 (17715)
Palisade, Colorado
Now that I am taking the time to really understand a lot of the sites that I am on things are getting better. I am enjoying them much more and actually freeing up a little time for me. This is good as I will be moving in June and I have a lot to do to be ready to go. This is a move that I am very excited about and just wish it were sooner. I have learned though not to rush things as things happen as they are suppose too. It is better to take it one day at a time and be really prepared instead of having to rush. I actually feel more relaxed and healthier. I am finding by not being uptight I am not using my oxygen as much. Life is great for me. Have you ever had times when you wish things could happen sooner but are glad that they didn't?
@inertia4 (27775)
I still have days like that everyday. I always want things to happen sooner then later. But I know life is not fair and thats the way the chips fall. But I being the type that when I want something I will basically stop at nothing until it is accomplished. But I hear you about taking your time with things. But on the other hand its that waiting that stresses me out more.
@velvet53 (17715)
• Palisade, Colorado
I don't like the waiting part either. But I have found that by slowing down I am actually getting more accomplished. Does that make any sense? When I rush I get flustered which causes mess-ups and things. This way I am not making as many mess-ups thus saving some time.
@inertia4 (27775)
Yes, it makes lots of sense. I totally understand where you're coming from. I didn't mean that I rush things, I just meant that I don't stop until the outcome is in my favor. Nice!!!!
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
Hi dear.. Im in the same boat as you are. Aug. is just around the corner.Lots of work to do, for the both of us.
@velvet53 (17715)
• Palisade, Colorado
Yes, we do have a lot to do. The time is getting so close but I found out that when I rush myself I mess up and it ends up taking longer. Or maybe I am just getting older :)
• Mexico
Thats what I was telling my son here sunday. We need a good plan to get all done.
@Shellyann36 (11269)
I am always in a rush for things to get done too. I really wish I could slow down and just enjoy the wait. I can't really remember any moment that I was glad when things did not happen sooner. Glad to hear you are doing so well.
@velvet53 (17715)
• Palisade, Colorado
I like for things to get done faster but I found that by rushing I was sometimes going slower. Rushing caused me to mess up at times so I would have to redo things. I still do it once in awhile but I am getting better every day with the slowing down.
• Marikina, Philippines
Slowly but surely. A step-by-step and we should not rush everything. It is because if we rush, accidents may occur or we might not feeling well. We feel as if we're always feel anxieted and we do not feel peace of mind if we're always on rush. That is what I read on article. One man asks him, how did he reach his goal. He answered that he did it by step-by-step process.
@velvet53 (17715)
• Palisade, Colorado
I like that idea. I am getting better with each day. If I don't get something done that isn't really important then I just put it on the list for the next day. I did get rid of some of my sites so I don't feel so overwhelmed. This makes me happy too.
@TLilly12 (1230)
I just got my letter in the mail, where I can move but, it will be 5 years before I can move, I will be on a waiting list, and I want to move this year, I don't want to have to wait 5 years, before I can find another place to stay, I will be going apartment hunting this coming week, and I know I will find, me any apartment.
@velvet53 (17715)
• Palisade, Colorado
Golly, I couldn't wait that long either. I am moving this summer and it is something that should have been done a year ago. But there was a reason that it didn't happen and I am ok with that. This way I have had a chance to get some things out of the way and I will be a lot happier when I do move. Good luck with your apartment searching. I will never forget when I got this one. I almost signed on another place and am glad that I didn't.
@1hopefulman (33610)
All the best on your move! I am a very impatient person and want everything done quickly, so I too have had to learn to be patient. Getting there or should I say, getting better.
@velvet53 (17715)
• Palisade, Colorado
Thanks,1hopefulman. I used to be real impatient but got better with time. Now I am trying even harder to do better. I know I will slop up but what can I say :)
@jenny1015 (13389)
We all try to want to get all things done in a jiffy.Coz we hate not having the results right away. But yeah, it sure pays off to wait. Haste makes waste.
@velvet53 (17715)
• Palisade, Colorado
You sure have that right. I had forgotten that saying but it is sure true. I know I am seeing a big difference in not always being in a hurry. I even have time to stop and smell the roses :)
for me it has happened that I just wanted something happen fast but was a delay in that ... after that my desire stop and later I could know how bad that was if could happen and I understood sometimes in our life, there are such things that we wish but God knows better, sometimes we get know that was not good for us or there was something much better somewhere else.
@velvet53 (17715)
• Palisade, Colorado
I have rushed things before and had a bad out come. I guess it is best to to take things at a slower pace. Like you said, God knows best and I need to learn to leave it to him.
I don't expect a lot in my life. Take all the things as per going on. Expectations are the main reason for disappointment, if we reduce our expectations we can avoid disappointment.
@velvet53 (17715)
• Palisade, Colorado
You said that quite well. Your words are something that I wrote down to look at when I start feeling like I have to rush to get things done. Thank you. You helped a bunch.
@srisahara (4147)
Yes, in our live there many things, which we want to everything going fast, but the best way is that is going slowly. I often think to get everything fast but my husband always remind me that going fast not always best, in our life there many things that best in slowly. Have a nice day.
@velvet53 (17715)
• Palisade, Colorado
I have always been a fast paced person with everything that I do. I am finding out that slowing down is some times the best way to go. Something may come up in that slow down period that could change things for the good. One never knows what lies ahead for us. Have a great day, too. srisahara.
@jaiho2009 (39001)
I know someone who stressed herself with almost everything. Even with simple things- I heard her complaining. I told her to relax and take things on the lighter side. I wonder why some people likes to burden themselves with things that actually are not a burden. But of course, it's hard to find ourselves to others as well. I always try to look at the positive side when things go wrong or tell myself to take it easy.
@velvet53 (17715)
• Palisade, Colorado
I'm working on this myself. I had an incident happen today that I could have let bother me. Instead I just put it out of my mind and went on with things. I sure felt better. Take right now as another instance. I have tons of emails to answer but I am not pushing myself. I figure they aren't going anywhere and I am not going to push myself to deal with all of them tonight.
I was rushing myself to pack up in june. adn something happened where I could not move for a another month. I was completely packed and had to open up some boxes to get some cooking supplies. when I got moved in it took nine hours to move and I was so excited to fix up my house I unpacked in a matter of hours. and trust me I have a lot of stuff. My mother was a blessing and helped me big time with the kitchen.
@velvet53 (17715)
• Palisade, Colorado
Now that would of been discouraging but you made it. It is great that your mother helped you. I have been going through stuff and getting ready for a sale too. I am not going to take all of this stuff with me. Most of it has been packed away for years so it is time that it goes. I hope this will be my last move.
@Kathy1981 (157)
That is great that you are feeling alot better. The only time I wish things would happen sooner is when I was pregnant with my three children. Near the end of the ninth month. You just want it to be over with. I hope you are moving into a really nnice place. Last summer my boyfriend and I bought the condo that we are living in. I was so excited to have a three bedroom place that we could afford. After a two bedroom with three kids two boys and one girl in one small room.