Equator Monument in Pontianak - Indonesia

@redtesha (332)
Indonesia
2 weeks ago, I went to Pontianak, Indonesia. Pontianak is my daddy's hometown. Although it really far from my place now (Jakarta), I still love to back here. This place is my hometown when I was a kid. Hmm ,, like I said before, Pontianak is really-really far from Jakarta. If you wanna go to Pontianak, you only have 2 options, using airplane with really expensive price or with ship but low budget. If using airplane, you will spend 2 hours but if you using ship, you need 3 days 2 nights. It's really-really long day, right! Pontianak is in West Kalimantan, Indonesia. Pontianak is near with Malaysia. Pontianak is one of city with really hot temperature because Pontianak is in World's equator line. In Pontianak, you can visit Equator Monument (Tugu Khatulistiwa) and here's the best part, when the sun is direct above to your head, all objects shadows will 'disappear 'for a few seconds. If you don't believe it, you should try and see with your own eyes, lol .. But it only happen twice a year, March 21 - 23 and September 21 - 23 and every time it happen, a lot of tourists will come to watch the event. I'll telling you more about Pontianak in my next post but now I should work again , bye ..
are also met the Dayak tribe? and Pontianak is an area that in passing the equator, and is different from its hot weather than in Jakarta. ? Salam Kenal aye juga dari Indonesia . :)
@redtesha (332)
Hi Gadingprakoso 13, Hahaha, nice to meet someone else from Indonesia. Where do you from? I'm from Jakarta .. Yepp, there's Dayak tribe .. But I'm chinese from Pontianak so I'm not know a lot about Dayak .. Hmmm ... I think that's different .. Jakarta is hot because pollution, and Pontianak is really hot ..
yes i was born in Semarang, but now go to school in Batam, Riau Islands. then why pontianak hot on appeal jakarta? what are skipped because the equator or near the beach?
@redtesha (332)
Wow .. Batam? There's really far from Jakarta .. Yepp , both of them is the reasons Pontianak so hot .. really2 hot than Jakarta ..
@subhojit10 (7384)
Wow, Pontianak sounds interesting and i am sure it would be a great place to visit for the visitors specially. I know it is far from your place but what makes it more special is the presence of your father and your childhood days at this place. Anyways i am glad to hear about the Equator monument and it is obvious to have so many tourists whenever sun would be exactly overhead.
@redtesha (332)
Yep .. everytime I back there, I am usually go to Equator monument to see that too .. but if there's too crowded, I just watch from far .. Pontianak is really-really hot .. I can't stand outside for a long time and that makes me dehydration easyly and that is really not good (=___='')