What Does the "p=0" Mean in the Addresses for My Brand-New Discussions?

@mythociate (15371)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Whenever I finish starting a new discussion, the address has a "?p=0" added at the end. Is that important? & should I 'succumb to the temptation' to edit that out (putting in my ref-code instead) before I post the link to Facebook, Twitter etc.?
p=0 is the page number Its not all that important really, but that is how the mylot links are set up.
@mythociate (15371)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
My discussions aren't usually the ones to have 'a whole buncha pages,' but--if I gave you the basic link to one that did--what are the chances that you'd land on any page of it but '0'? And what would be so-terrible if you did? (Seriously, is it credited differently or something?)
If you were to give the basic link without the page number it would simply land on the first page. The only time people do that is for when they want you to see a specific comment.
@mythociate (15371)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
@owlwings (39247)
• Cambridge, England
Yes, you can edit it out. The correct format for a discussion URL has the format: w w w.mylot.com/w/discussions/[DiscussionNumber].aspx
@mythociate (15371)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
but what is the 'p=0' there for in the first place?