Finally she called me

She feels like I am dropping her all because she won't stay here with me. I told her you got it all wrong. I said you use me to come over here whenstuff goes wrong with that loser. I said,do you know how you embarrassed me asking monique to drive down the block. I said you have to hide from standing in front of your house to talk to your mother. and she said I don;t understand. I said,you don;t understand. I said,I am so done and tired that you can do what ever you want to. now she wants to pay me back for paying the phone bill. I said,no you don;t owe meanything. then I said,I wanted to hear your voice and talk to you so I paid the bill. then I told her I am your mother and you are my child. you don't get to tell me anything you feel like telling me. I told her you know I have problems and that I am not well. and this stress is not good for me. I said,I am not going to go over the edge. and then she asked me to text her. I said,why can't you stay outside and talk to me. she said,mom just text me. screw that I said all I need to say tonight.
You are doing the right thing Gifts. She will try to turn it all on you to make like you are turning her away. That's the game she plays so she can take her vacations from the user. You are doing what you need to do to keep yourself out if the hospital. I tried to get you to see it but you weren't ready. In glad Winterose us there for you.
@winterose (39917)
yes pointless is right, you are like a puppet on a string to her, she can manipulate you and turn you anyway she wants. that has got to change. she wants her cake and it it too, that just can't happen. Good for you for telling her the way you want it not the way she wants it.
@winterose (39917)
Man, I really hate it when there is an important person in our lives that we really do need to talk to and they don't feel like we are important enough to really talk to. I do think that text messaging is something that is great, but I do think that it is something that should be used in moderation. In fact, when there are people that I talk to regularly, and they resort to texting, it feels to me like there is something that they are trying to hide from someone.
Maybe you need to give her a little tough love. Then she'd learn to appreciate you more. No mother and daughter should have any issues. My mother and I were very close until she passed away last year. I'd give anything to have her back. Good luck!
@sid556 (31003)
She does have a way of turning things to try to make you feel as if you did something wrong or to make you feel guilty. I do understand a bit about why these women return to their abusers. They need to hit a breaking point and they need help. I think you handled this well. I know you worry but really, there is only just so much you can do to help her and you do have to consider your own health. I think that at this point she looks at you as a safe person she can run to when things get too ugly for her there and then she can still run back to him once the anger and hurt has faded. If she is serious about leaving him then there is plenty of help for her out there and she will get it. Maybe by you not letting her stay with you all the time and putting some limits on how much you are willing to help her, she will do what is best for her. You can only hope.
You have always been there for your daughter and until she realizes that her boyfriend is using her there is nothing you can do for her. If she really loves you she would stand up to her boyfriend and tell him that she can see you anytime she wants to. I hope she can find herself a job soon, but only she can change things. I am glad that you did not text her.