What Is Best for MyLot: If You DO Rate Every Start You Read, or If You Don't?

@mythociate (13934)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I suspect that my rating is slowly creeping down because people only rate discussions they heartily agree- or disagree-with (and--as disagreement makes for a better discussion--I'm sacrificing 'positive ratings' for 'better discussions' ). Or am I suspecting falsely?
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
I have to admit, I dont rate very many. Im more interested in reading and posting to them. I will try and start to rate more. To me its not that important...
Lots of people come to your topics ,you might be tired rating them ,ha ha, best wishes.
• Mexico
For me its not the time, its remembering to do it.
• Mexico
Good Idea lamb.... where you been?
@rosekiss (30151)
• Eugene, Oregon
I do rate most of the time, and I only rate postive usually. the negative ones would be ones that are rude, or have violated the guidelines. Those don't deserve a postive rating. I never rate negative, even if i disagree with someone or they disagree with me. It isn't right, as that is not a reason to rate anyone negative. the rating system is easy to use, but yet some seem to abuse it, and it really isn't right or fair, and I just wish that the ones doing this would just stop doing it and realize that they are only hurting themselves. anyway, I will rate positive to help others, as that is what mylot is all about, helping others. Take care, and have a good day.
@scubapro (1058)
• Gifu, Japan
i do rate all time and i think members like you rosekiss,i mean experienced members care us more than ourselves and i love it,we have to learn many things from you my friend,peace
@grvdubey11 (1882)
If someone rates negative because they disagree to discussion then its highly unfair.Discussions are meant to have agreements and disagreements ,if we write yes your are correct every time then what's the fun.Whenever i reply in any discussion,or when people come to my topics i always rate them positive because that's why we are here for right to discuss and share our knowledge, best wishes.
@mythociate (13934)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Well, I DO rate them 'negative' if they look like they're just 'posting for the money' and not really paying attention to the actual conversation ... kinda discourages the 'looky-lou's who think they can just surf on in & h@ck their way to our Awesome sponsors' money
That's fair enough but if we do constructive criticism or reply to a unnecessary provocation and then someone rates negative, does My-lot has some mechanism to correct it? just curious.
• South Africa
Its anonymous and that's where the problem begins. Others affect your earnings.
@mythociate (13934)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Better than most fast-food places, where people's paychecks come in whether they serve you well or not!
I rate sometimes. I have found the fastest way that makes my star value go down is to post something against the rules so a low star rating doesn't mean the person post poor quality post or a lot of people rate them low it might mean they post things that are against the rules. I wonder if anyone has ever gotten a 10 back after the rating has gone below that.
@mythociate (13934)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I don't let my browser display photos, so I can't even SEE my rating
@scubapro (1058)
• Gifu, Japan
i think many people here just read the discussions and concantrate on giving responses to them,some people really forget to rate the discussion, i cant say who,but i really agree with you,i got many responses and my star is still red,but i am beginner so i dont complain and also love red color. i always give (+) to the discussions,believe me never forget it, i first give (+) then read the discussion,for me its must,but i dont know other people do that or not, i think you are doing pretty good so just relax about your star,it will be better peace
@mythociate (13934)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Well, I'm sure your 'rate it first'-habit is appreciated; but you really should 'READ IT FIRST' so you can give an honest rating ('+' if it's a good-enough start for you to reply-to; 'no rating' if it's worth reading but not worth responding-to; and '-' if it's something that wouldn't be any good for anyone).
@Kmz059 (662)
Mine too, my earnings yesterday and today are just the same, it did not increase. Well, hopefully they will update my earnings soon.
@cupkitties (6703)
I rate up all the people who respond to my started discussions except of course for any trolls, spammers or anyone posting off topic. Other than that, no. If someones response catches my eye or really impresses me then it'll get a rate up from me. There were a couple times that I thought a persons reply to me came off kind of rude, but they still made a very good point and so rated them up.