Hats

My collection of hats - I love collecting hats but am famous for losing them.
I love hats and have been collecting them over a period of time. But I keep losing them too.I will leave them behind sometimes in shops, in malls, public vehicles or just drop them somewhere. I now have only 5 of those and all are being used. The scorching sun demands that I use them. My hats have lots of memories as they have been picked up from different countries. Here is an image. Do you like hats? Any stories to share?
@thesids (22357)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hats Definitely they are expensive for me. I prefer caps instead. I got my first cap after it became a fashion after Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin where Amir Khan had that cap about 80% of the movie. Prior to that I had only those woolen ones (we called them Monkey Caps) which I had to keep on to save myself from the chilly winters in Northern India. I got 5 caps since that movie and today, I have none. I dont prefer using them. And yes, I lost all of them maybe just because I wasnt too much addicted to their use and it was just a period in my life.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
I know what you mean as you are right as it just sometimes a phase that we go through. I felt so fabulous wearing a bright red leather jockey cap and a white dress I thought that I was the cats pyjamas
I got those hats while I was holidaying abroad. I only wear them while I am strolling in my garden.I used to wear them while on holiday, though. I do not wear them while going out here. For that I have a cap.
@roshigo58 (4871)
• Pune, India
Hi, I don't have any hobby of collecting hats but I have 3-4 hats. I use them while going out in hot sunlight. But I also used to forget them anywhere. This time I forgot my hat in my parents house in Mumbai. Sometimes I forget it in shops or in autorikhsaw like you. This is the case with umbrella also.
It is always good to cover one's head to avoid extreme heat. So you too lose hats as I do. Even umbrellas are lost that way! I have also lost sun glasses which I always wear while going out in the sun. I picked up quite a few hats while holidaying abroad.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
I've lost so mnay ymbrellas. At least two per year but my glasses are transitionals that change to sun glasses in the light so I am okay and do not lose them as they are always on my face
I have several hats, but when I wear them they never come off of my head. So I never lose them.
I have lost my hats when I have placed them elsewhere and not on my head! I have used them on holidays and that is where I have lost them. At home, I only use them when I am strolling in my garden as it is not fashion here. So you wear well fitting hats. Is there a ribbon to hold them in place!
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
My brother also saves hats. He has ball caps from all over the world. he has them on a wall in his home. i bet he has 300-400.
That is a great collection. I am nowhere near there. That must be a huge wall to hold so many hats. Would be nice to see an image of that wall!
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
My 12 year old Gd is wearing the kind of hats that I wore as a teenager and early 20's. Caps with peaks and put on the side of the head. And boy, does she had cn fidence and attitude that I have never had, her mother has done a wonderful job with bringing her up - I tell her that frequently. Right now I do not own one hat and the last time I wore hats were at my nephew's weddings in 1995 I am not a hat person but will wear a cap if at the beach
Locally I only wear a cap while going out but all those hats in the image I have used on holidays abroad. I use them while I stroll in my own garden. I would feel odd wearing those hats here while going out as no one wears them here excepting caps. Wearing hats is common in many countries and your GD must be looking great in them. I would have liked to wear them here too but I would be that odd person which I do not want to be.