I hate washing my hair.

I need to wash my hair in order to comb it. the new growth is so knotty I can't get the comb through it. I have such terrible hair. I am sitting here thinking If I should wash it or toss a scarf over the mess. LOL. adrain offered to send me to the hair shop. but,I am tender headed and it would be terrible if someone harsh would do my hair. I might price the style tomorrow and go next week. the weather is getting nice and a hat it out of the question. I would have to wash it and then blow dry it. too much for me right now.
Have you tried a white vinegar rinse? I know that I never get tangles anymore no matter what since I started using white vinegar in my hair. Also, my hair is a lot softer and shinier. Make sure that you wash all of the vinegar out of your hair, or your hair will smell like you need some fries to go with it.
I can't use that because it will strip the relaxer out of my hiar and the whole thing will be one tangles knot.
I've read that some people use vinegar after using the relaxer. Since I have white girl hair, I can't really give advice on that. However, it would be worth Googling it to see how other people have done it and how effective it has been for them.
@velvet53 (17316)
• Palisade, Colorado
I like washing my hair cause I like for it to be soft and shiny. Mine is past my waist and it does take awhile to wash it but it is worth it in the end.
now that is some very long hair. I would never let my hair grow that long.
@velvet53 (17316)
• Palisade, Colorado
This is the longest I have ever had it. Twice before I had it to my waist. It really isn't that hard to take care of. I wear it in a ponytail most of the time.
@jenny1015 (13389)
I have a very long hair and I love having it. But during the cold season, it is hard to let it dry. That is the time when i hate washing my hair. I have long avoided the use of blow dryer coz it could damage my hair, so I just mostly use an electric fan for drying them.
I lost a lot of hair blow drying it as well. I cna't use the fan or the roots will be very tangled.
@jenny1015 (13389)
But if you use a conditioner, your hair would not be tangled as much and you can actually just finger comb your hair, right? That is how I do most of the time. Unless I'm in a hurry , then I use a comb or a brush.
I'm tender headed too. I don't let anyone wash my hair but me. They use their nails and dig in my head and it hurts like heck. Do you have false hair sewn in or something where you can't brush your hair every day? I got my hair cut nice and short. U brush it every morning. I'm guessing that women who have semi-permanent hair pieces or whatever can't care for their hair the same way we can who don't have them. I would think brushing your hair each day would get the snarls out. Maybe you could use some detangler on it and brush it out.
I don;t have extentions in my hair at all. it is just thick and tangled because i have very bad hair. thick like african hair.
@cttolledo (5055)
Ladies is just naturally like that..i hate combing my hair also so to make it more easier for after washing my hair I have it dried in the electric fan before I comb it.. I don't want to use drier ├žoz it caused damage to my hair so I go to a less damaging way for quick drying...
@ajithlal (14569)
I think it is good to use coconut oil on hair and this will help the hair growth and hair care.
@cttolledo (5055)
yeah.. good idea. I'll try that.. thanks
Do you have curly hair, gifts? You work on a beauty salon, so that you know what you should do with your hair. I have the experience that when I don`t wash my hair when I should, my head gets more tender.
I washed it and deep conditioned it and took the tangles out and then blow dried it and after all that flat ironed the roots. now it is just laying on my back so hot.
My daughter has long hair and in Summer she uses a ball point pen to make a sort of bun. I often wonder if she also does that at work (she is a judge). I have very thin hair after chemotherapy. I wish my hair was less thin. I would not say anything if it was too hot.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
If you live here you will not hate washing your hair everyday because of the weather we have. It very hot in here you can smell your hair if you did not wash it everyday becaus of the sweat you have.
I know how that can be because I wash my hair most often once a month and it gets sweaty fast.
@subhojit10 (7382)
Ha ha ha, i can understand your situation very well and i think taking care of hair is important for ladies as it enhances their beauty and i think u should not be lazy or do not give less importance to your hair. u can go to a hair specialist and ask him or her to wash your hair, they will do it professionally.
I ended up washing it myself and lost so much hair due to the knots in my hair. lol terrible right.
@alberello (4755)
Well, a while ago I commented on your thread where you yourself have said that you hate ironing the clothes. Now I read this and other threads I discovered that you feel hate when you wash your hair! Is there something you do with love? I personally I have to wash my hair often, almost on alternate days, I have them grease and full of dandruff. In my case it is a real bore! However, I do not know how you bring your hair. I hope you do not have my same problems!
Though I have to admit that there really are times that I hate having hair that is so fine and so straight, I do have to say that I love the fact that with the type of hair that I have I am able to just wash and go and there are even times that I don't have to brush my hair if I don't feel like doing it. However, as everyone does, there are times that I will have a bad hair day and when that does happen to me, I will typically get out a baseball cap and wear that when I leave the house.
@ajithlal (14569)
I think most probably you can try good hot oil massage and then comb your hair or have your hair washed. I think hot oil massage is good for hair.