I'm going to ask

@911Ricki (13602)
My aunt was at the grocery store and asked if she could have the old veggies. They gave her a whole big bag worth. She told me to ask my stores here, and see. They will just throw them out, I even said I will go through the dumpster to get the bag out. If they were to give me it, I would save so much money even if it's every so many weeks.
@SomeCowgirl (32271)
Our produce department discounts veggies and fruits sometimes and sometimes there is really nothing wrong with them. Then there are some thing like that have been sitting in the cart or that a customer brought back, we have to just throw away. It depends on what it is and how it looks.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
Great idea!!! they may just toss them in the dumpsters behind the store. Take a look..
@911Ricki (13602)
I was going to go in and ask the manager, then go look in the dumpsters. A lot of times they say whatevers in the dumpster you can take.
• Mexico
I bet many people go and and get stuff there all the time. Good luck...
@911Ricki (13602)
I can imagine most places have cameras and lock their dumpsters.
@dagami (1163)
• Rome, Italy
don't go to the store where you usually buy your veggies. they won't give these to you because they'll lose a customer. LOL
@911Ricki (13602)
I thought of that too. I would go to stores I normally don't shop at.
That's great Ricki. I hope you can get the veggies they would normally throw out.
@911Ricki (13602)
If they are just going to throw them out, I knwo Sobeys donates their veggies to the shelter.
@TLilly12 (1230)
Ricki I hope the store give the vegtables, to you before they thow them out, the store isn't going to do anything, with the vegtables any way, but if you have to get them out, of the dumpster then that is, what you have to do.
• Marion, Kansas
You might even tell them that if it is too much for your animals you will share it at the shelter. Used to some fast food places would give left over burgers to the humane society here for abandoned pets, etc.