she has no problem with pain

my daughter is pushing a needle through the hole that closed up where her navel ring is. I told her she is crazy and she should just pay for them to open the hole back up. one half is closed and the other open. boy,I can't imagine doing that. I remeber when my ear closed up and I tried to open it up. I was about to cry and trust me I was not pushing hard enough to bust that hole back open. lol. she said that costs $20 and I think that is what she should do or let the hole close up altogether. right now she is using a sewing needle. cay you imagine the pain? not me not ever..
@MoonGypsy (4613)
people might say the same thing about me. i reopened my tongue ring again right before i had my braces back on.
she did that with hers as well and I thought she was crazy for that as well.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
wowoowow, I could never do that. I hope she burned the end of the needle to clean it first.
@MoonGypsy (4613)
i know, right. some kind of sterilization process.
• Mexico
Can be a big problem, if its not clean.
oh yes infection in the navel can really hurt and take awhile to clear up too.
@jambi462 (4598)
If she were to go back to her piercer they would just end up re-piercing it anyways. There really isn't anyway to get a partially sealed piercing to open back up without fully breaking the skin. I wouldn't call your daughter crazy because it pretty much always costs money to get anything done in a tattoo or piercing shop. I haven't had to get anything re-pierced yet but I used to have my right nostril pierced and it sealed up on me. I'd like to get it re-pierced though but I'm not really too worried about the pain. Piercings aren't really that painful because the pain only lasts for a couple of seconds. If you can find a good piercer and have enough courage to put yourself through a couple of seconds of pain then it's really not that big of a deal.
I don't mean crazy in a bad way. I always call her crazy and she always calls me crazy as well. matter of fact I call everyone crazy when we are laughing and joking around. I am so use to it already.
hi gifts wow Oh the pain and I do hope she sterilized that needle before doing self surgery on her navel ouch. I am a sissy when it comes to physical pain.I do think she should pay the 20 doll arsto have it done professionally as they would sterilize everything before doing it..So K ay is there with you now. I am, so glad.
no she did not sterilize the needle and I was not aware of it needing to be either.
@sid556 (31003)
I have a pretty high tolerance for pain. I could probably do what Kay is doing also. What I'd be most concerned whether or not she is using a clean needle and sterilizing it. I did my own ear piercings but I would not reccomend it to anyone. It is painful and you do need to take care to sterilize the needle. I don't think I could watch someone else doing it.
There are fewer pain receptors there. If she is quick about it she won't feel a thing anyway. We use the belly for subcutaneous injections, especially when giving Heparin. It doesn't hurt as much as other places. When my ears close up I just push the earring post through. It hurts some but in quick about it.
@emily7339 (1339)
Be careful that she may get infections if it is not a clean needle. At least burn it over a flame . Oh, I would never, never do that. Both my ear holes had been closed up and I do not bother to open it. I hope my mom did not do for me when I was a young girl