I need your thoughts on this one.

wallets with decorations - koolaid wallets made by me
My friend was talking to me a short while ago. she told me she thinks I should not decorate my wallets. she feels I should only line them with fabric and leave them plain. she said,she does not feel I should do the extra work on them. I am enjoying the decorations and they are not costing me a ton of cash. I get the green and blue trimmed ribbon for $1 a yard and it goes a long way for me. I got 8 yards of the green ribbon for about $3 so you know that was a good buy. I think she is very good and helpful but I like making them the way I am already. what do you think. the last wallet has a butterfly on it you can see it that good. I like making them different like one of a kind wallets. thanks.
I would do the extra work on some but not all. Some people don't like them all decorated up and others do.
That will work out good for me. I will make some plain ones tonight thanks.
@o2bnocn (2895)
I think that is a good idea. That way, people can choose which ones they like and want to buy. Good luck.
You give the customer more options and they are more apt to buy something.
@sid556 (31006)
I say that you should make them both ways. I,personally, would prefer the plainer one but that is just me. I'm sure that others and most especially teens would love the extras. That way you would have something for everyone and that's the key.
That's a good idea Sid. Teens are so much flashier than us older people usually.
@sid556 (31006)
ya think?
Make them the way that you like. Just make sure that you are pricing them appropriately to reflect the cost of your materials and the amount of effort you are putting into creating them.
THanks very much. I like this option very much.
My opinion would be that you should do some of them decorated and you should do some that are not adorned. The thing is that you would be able to charge more for the wallets that you've decorated. However with the wallets that you've not decorated, those will be something that you would reach a broader customer base with. Another thing that you could do would be to offer optional adornments that customers would be able to request for an additional fee of a dollar or two.
@velvet53 (16145)
• Palisade, Colorado
Maybe you should do some both ways and see which way they sell the best. That will give you an idea as to what people are really looking for. One never knows cause what one person likes another person might not. All you can do is keep trying.
• Marion, Kansas
I would be like you. If you enjoy doing it, do it. It does make a good selling point that each is one of a kind. The creativity of decorating them is part of the reason you do it. They are your creations so do what you enjoy.
@emily7339 (1340)
Well, not all customers are having the same taste. There may be some who like the way you decorate on the wallets . However, you may have some combinations of it with a small number with that decoration. However, probably you might need to adjust the pricing to cover the extra cost
@tinayu (214)
oh, you make your wallets beautiful,you are a smart and ingenious person.just do what you want to do.i approve of you.actually i also like decorating my wallets,bags,and hats even my pants with many little accessories.i prefer a little different from others.some tiny changes will help me look distinctive.don't mind what others think,just do it.
@jazel_juan (15767)
Well you could do some plain ones and some designed ones, if you want more market you could do different kinds, you could make plain ones that have little bit of design on the side too... i for one like it that way, i like the whole wallet plain but the side have little designs or you could make the whole wallet printed or have designs in it but keep the side plain too.. people have different tastes..if you do both then you have more market too.. but as long as you are happy with what you are doing do not let others opinion keep you.
some people are artistic and like their thing to be beautiful and artsy. while others prefer to be simple yet elegant. if you prefer your wallet to be colorful with butterflies and everything, you can have it. No one can stop you. It what defines you and your product. Distinctive quality.
She has an opinion, that's all Gifts. I would suggest you do them however you enjoy doing them. Have fun!
@o2bnocn (2895)
Decorate them however you want. They are very pretty. As someone else said, make sure you are pricing them correctly. You don't want them to end up costing you money. Keep up the great work!