I want to lose weight

I am still small so I really don;t have that big a problem. but,I gained 20 pounds and all my new jeans can't fit up my legs. I am still keeping them though. I am hoping to get back in them. I got on the scale and I lost 4 pounds. But,I can't seem to lose any more than that. then I will gain four pounds all over again. I don't know what to do about it. I am thinking about going to my old doctor to see if they will wire my mouth shut. I saw a picture my daughter posted of me and I loved how I looked. I gained it all below so I am a little upset. my thighs are thicker and my butt bigger. I was good before this weight gain.
@cttolledo (4106)
Well. we have the same problem actually.. losing weight is the hard thing to do.. I just can't resist yummy foods..
Nice to see you here again too .
Medication can make me gain weight. I gained 20ty lbs just in a couple of months or maybe even weeks and my husband did the same thing even though we didn't change our diet. My sister complained about the same thing. Gained 20lbs and can't get rid of it. So, we have to decide which is better, losing weight or feeling better. I will take the feeling better. I notice on "Who wants to be a millionaire" that Meredith is wearing looser fitting clothes so I think maybe middle age spread has caught up with her.
I think menapause is causing this and thyroid issues too.
I myself gained weight also. Im playing Zumba, yoga and dance central on xbox360 as my exercise.
@ajithlal (14568)
I think dancing is one of the best form of exercise and one can do dancing and walking and also do yoga.
Oh no, you definitely don't want to wire your mouth shut as a way of losing weight, trust me it really doesn't do all that much good. You see when I was a teenager I had surgery on my jaw and had to be on a liquid diet for a month and I didn't lose any weight during that time. Instead, I tend to think that the best way to lose weight is to increase the amount of physical activity that you have. An accountability partner is always a great idea to keep you going.
@Dominique25 (9476)
I'm sorry to hear that you gained 20 pounds. Losing weight is really hard. I have been trying to lose weight and it is a very lose process when we are doing things in a healthy way. I hope that you will be able to lose the weight you want to and get into those jeans. I have made a deal with myself not to buy any brand new clothes until I lose the weight I would like to. It will be like a reward for myself. Yeah it is difficult to lose weight in the stomach and thigh area. I have been trying to work on that.
@ajithlal (14568)
I also want to lose weight and I think walking is one of the best exercise. I am trying to go walking in the morning. I think most of the time when we get into activities we will be losing weight. I think it is good to avoid junk food and to eat healthy food.
@pals101 (2011)
I can relate to this feeling my friend. I have been gaining weight for this following months. I really need to lose weight. I am so upset of myself, always eating and not doing any exercises. I need to take more extra effort. I need to double my exercises more and lessen my eating. Hopefully I can do this within 3 months. I need to focus on this, this will be my priority as of the moment.
Hi giftsandbagscom , actually weight gain according to age also, but more weigh can be the cause of various illness also, so it is not good to increase your weigh, But you can maintain it by exercise, You should exercise on daily basis, If you can do some little exercise like walking or go up and down on stairs,then your weigh must be down and you would be healthy..
@joizee (502)
Get up and move girl! ;) All you need is activity to stretch and tone those fats down. Try dancing or yoga or even outdoor activities. The more you move, the more muscles are being exercised. So doing an activity to get fit is not confined in gym, you can do it on your own at home or with friends so you have motivation and fun. Plus you can experiment with the things you see at home. Oh don't forget to cut down on sweets, oily foods and soda, those can add up to your weight and fats. Good luck! ;)
@mlla24 (841)
• Mexico
do INSANITY of 3 months
Are you still getting a lot if sugar? How about drinking? Are you drinking sugar? Sugar will get turned into fat when the body isn't needing it. You don't eat much, so my guess is its sugar. It's our habits that cause us to regain weight after having the gastric bypass.
@velvet53 (16261)
• Palisade, Colorado
I have the same problem. I have tons of jeans just waiting for me to get back into. I am making myself get away from the computer and do simple leg exercises. It is helping as I did get into one pair so far. Good luck.
@o2bnocn (2895)
Good luck. Weight loss can be difficult to achieve. I have started to eat healthier and I am seeing results but it took me a long time to get here. I also have a long way to go. Try to make small changes at first, and try to eat healthy. Pay attention to your portions also. A lot of the times I don't realize how much I am eating until I stop and think about it. You might want to keep a food diary or log your food into a calorie counter, even if you only do it for a few days it will give you an idea of how much you are eating. Exercising can help to burn off those unwanted calories but I read that most weight loss is a result from eating healthier.
No, the doctor won't wire your mouth shut--not unless he is on the fast track to getting his license taken away for medical malpractice. He is, however, likely to suggest more counseling and psychiatric meds. Eat a healthy diet. Quit with the pork and beef. Skip the heavily processed foods. Exercise several times a week. Eat normal meals, and don't make your body think that you are starving it. Actually get decent sleep.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
OMG!!!! really Sharon??? seriously...wire your mouth shut???
Hi Gifts I think as we age we all get that way I have been lucky thru my whole life I always could eat what I wanted and always seemed to burn it off, however as I am aging which I try to do (gracefully) lol I am too gaining in the same area's you are talking about. I know for myself now that the warm weather is here I will be walking my two dogs more. As long as I feel healthy what's a few pounds!
Maybe you should research on what exercises is good to make the thighs and butt smaller. Me, i am trying to flatten my stomach .
@cherigucchi (4354)
hope that you have lost your weight by now
• Lisbon, Portugal
My wife needed to lose 13 pounds for her wedding dress and was really anxious.. So she was eating more!! After some failed weight loss programs sheI found one that was really good for her. She lost 13 pounds in 6 weeks and was really fit a the wedding. And still is after 2 years :) Simple tips and simple exercices. This is GOLD: Hope it helps you too :)
@WakeUpKitty (8707)
• Netherlands
Sleep more, less stress, healthy food, quality time with you, dealing with your problem, making your own healthy food (a few small meals a day) and you will be fine soon!