Is single parent family normal in USA?

China
I had ever received a American student as exchange student between USA and China. He stayed with us for nearly one month. I know that from him, the single parent family is normal in USA. Are you growing in a single parent family? Is that family take more affect to you?
Since there are 50% of married couples who get divorced I would have to say that 50%of the children live with only one parent.
That is a big number, is it true? Maybe it is growing that rapid in China in the future.
Our town isn't that bad but we do have many single mothers. IT probably isn't 50% here.
@ShyBear88 (17699)
I was raised in a two parent home my husband was raised by his parents as well till they divorced now he has 4 parents. Weather a person is raised with one or more parents children are affect differently. With two parents you can be pretty messed the same as if you have one parent really it makes no differences.
Thanks for your comment, what I can see is that the single parent family are common there. You are used to that kind of independent life.
@ShyBear88 (17699)
I'm not use to single parent life since I'm not a single parent nor was I raised in it. Others the ones that where yes they are use to that.
@silverfox09 (4727)
Both parents are in my life but I grow up living with my mother . Its quite popular here in Jamaica and the Caribbean in General. I think most people may think its waste of time trying to work things out .
Thank you silverfox09. It will be a very complicated problem with a single parent family here.
I was raised by a single mother for a few years. I raised my daughter alone for a very long time. My sister is raising her sons alone as well. and many of my friends are doing the same.
Thanks for telling me that, It has been out of our imagine in our country. With best regards.
In every country family situations are different. In my country, Chile, single parent family is getting to be more normalthan before as there are more divorces. The family institution as we knew it, is changing a lot.
You are right, maybe one reality is the same in every country, there are more divorces nowadays. Most of people in our country, we will choose to keep the marriage for giving child a full family, the biggest focus on our child, the only child.