I have burns all over my head.

My sister in law relaxed my hair last night. I had a feeling it was going to burn but was hoping it did not. well,when she first started putting the creme on it was fine. but,she is very heavy handed and she kept pulling through the knots in my hair. so,soon after she was doing it I started burning like crazy. I did not say anything because she was only half through the head. if I would do anything my whole head would be messed up. I told her I start from the back to make sure it is done in full in case it burns. she started in the front. so,I had no choice but to burn. now I am thinking these scabs could just take my hair out. I mean big scabs too. so,I put some grease on them and just hope it loosens the scabs for me.
@laydee (12814)
Oh my gosh! This is why we don't relax hair now ~ there's a much safer way called "rebonding". Anyhow, she sure did a bad thing there, always start from the back. Further, every time there's a burning sensation, it should be put with water or powder, hair relax shouldn't be in contact with the scalp at all, it should be put over an inch away from the scalp. Didn't she have any sort of training? That's just dangerous there, you could go bald that! Whew! Hope everything would be well.
She does hair so I figured she would do a good job. I know next time to listen to adrain and pay the shop to do it. lol.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Ouch...that dosen't sound good at all..so how cute do you look now with your long permed locks??? they should heal in a couple of days....
@MoonGypsy (4613)
this is why i stopped relaxing and decided to dread. just keep oiling it up.
@wolfie34 (26793)
I wonder if you are allergic to the product that she was using on your head, no product designed for your hair should burn you in any way. They sound very sore and painful, your scalp is very sensitive, I hope the burns heal soon.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
Oh my, did she even know how to do that? Did you put something on the burns?
@o2bnocn (2895)
Ouch. I hope it gets better for you soon!
Hope they heal soon for you and don't cause you a lot of pain.
@laydee (12814)
I won't put a perm in my hair because my scalp burns easy. I don't see why you would not say anything. That's a chemical burn! Mu hair breaks off with a perm. A relaxer is just a perm combed through the hair to straighten it. My scalp is tender. I would have made sure she did it right and not start in the front. Aren't you supposed to do a test area 24 hours before actually doing it? Is you're sister in law a licensed cosmetologist? I don't let anyone mess with my hair except people who are licensed..
@laydee (12814)
hi gifts o h my thats just horrid,. Why did she burn you like that? is it the creme or was she being really rough?I hope it will heal quickly and not cause you to lose any hair.I would just use some antibiotic ointment or creme to loosen them so you do not get an infection in those sores.