A Poem in the Terzanelle Style

@xstitcher (12938)
Petaluma, California
A poem, I have written today For my brain needs the excersise, you see I don't want my mind to shrivel and blow away. So pencil to paper I put, with glee Writing creatively has always been a joy For my brain needs the excersise, you see. Others may have their own hobbies and toys But give me a writing assignment any day! Writing creatively has always been a joy. In school, math and sports could go their way English was great, save confusing grammar and reports; But give me a writing assignment any day. Writing for me was just my kind of sport Particularly short stories, poems, a journal entry or two. English was great, save confusing grammar and reports. I have enjoyed writing for years, it's true Particularly short stories, poems, a journal entry or two A poem, I have written today I don't want my mind to shrivel and blow away. Copyright Stacey Uffelman 4/20/13 To find out more about the Terzanelle style, go here: http://minfulpoetry.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981152952
@nanayangel (7862)
Hi there Xstitcher! That's a nice poem. I usually write poems but only freestyle. Thank you for sharing your poem with us and the Terzanelle Style of writing.
@xstitcher (12938)
• Petaluma, California
Thank you very much, nanayangel. :) I usually write freestyle poems too, but sometimes it's fun to try a different form. :) Mostly the poems I write are also shorter, but I wasn't sure if I could write something that short on MyLot.
I see, I should give it a try sometime.
@xstitcher (12938)
• Petaluma, California
It's fun to try. Even if you get a certain style "wrong" (forget a syllable or don't have enough lines or something) as I've been told when I do a certain style "wrong", it is still a poem. :)