Inferiority Complex

I used to be very shy when I was going to school. I think it was because my mother babied me. She walked me to school until I was in the eighth grade. She constantly told me to be a good girl and not talk in school. I couldn't play games because I was constantly getting colds. I always listened to my mother. I was a "good" girl. I think this is what made me shy away from other kids. I have a lot of friends now. I feel lucky that I outgrew this, but I think for a long time people thought I was very sweet. I'm not so sure this is such an desirable trait in this day and age. If I were a boy, I think the boys would have made fun of me. My brother was lucky that my mother did not baby him.
@jenny1015 (13389)
Guess what? I was also in the same shoes. And it is now that I realized where my being timid came from. And also just like you, i was able to somehow came out of my shell and is now able to speak to any kind of people without hesitation.
So glad top hear this. I, too, have many friends now
@Mdupuy1 (10)
Listen, in this day and age you should be glad that you're not one of the pompous and self infatuated members of the younger generation. What you are feeling is not inferiority, it's humility, which is a much better thing to be. Sure, recognizing your morality may be a little discouraging growing up in such an amoral world. But, what you've developed is a level of sincere empathy that you will likely do great things with in the future. No need to feel inferior to anyone.
I had a friend who was babied by her mother till she is 30 yrs. old. She met an accident and was not able to walk for some times. Believe it or not, her mother would carry her around, even if she is 120 lbs. Luckily, she matured as she should be. Now, she is a HR head with a "motherly" leadership and is loved by all. I know she is one in a million as you are one in a million because you were able to outgrow the negative effect of too much pampering.
I think boys do not much in need of attention since they should learn to work on their own to be a man when they grew up.Girls much need of attention since we by nature when we were kids are much fun of playing with others and like sharing but not so much I think with male kids they are more likely can manage to play alone most of the time
Maybe she just took extra care for you because you are a girl. Luckily, you turned out fine. Boys don't need extra pampering. Boys need to stand on their own feet.
I walked kay to school the days she wanted to walk with her friends for 8 years in miami. we lived too far from school for my comfort. then there were times I would hide across the street and let her pass and walk a ways behind her all the way home. I am paranoid and was not allowing my child to walk home all that way alone. there were so many times she would get home and I was right behind her and she never knew I just watched her walk home. I never felt bad either. one day her friend spotted me across the street and I heard kay say hi mommie. and I felt all I could do was laugh. and we walked to a near by shop and bought ice cream and snacks. You had a very concerned mother and your blessed. you know how many parents let their kids walk in this dangerous world alone and never see those kids again. be blessed.