The doctor could not help my mothers leg.

We sat for hours at the emergency room only to be told to go else where. She has psoriasis and it has taken over the entire are from the knee to past her ankle. around the back of her leg. if is swollen so bad it is cracking and fluid is running out of it. she keeps it wrapped with paper towel. she is in such pain constantly that she feels like crying. she said last night it is a blessing she has a high tolerance for pain. the leg is in such terrible shape I told her I would get it cut off before walking around like that. the stuff is taking over her whole body. she can't find dresses long enough to cover it up for the most part. it looks horrible. it looks so bad I can't touch it. layer and layers of rotting skin.. adrain is going to take her to another hospital.
Wow this sounds horrifying. I hope she isn't in too much pain and that a solution can be found immediately. Has amputation been ruled out completely? Because they have some pretty realistic looking prosthetics available nowadays and if it stopped the pain it might be worth it. Are there solutions for her ailment other than amputation? I hope you and the family are coping well in this sad and difficult time.
no they are not talking amputation at all and the doctor said no as well. We just disgused is a little bit.
Good I am glad she won't have to lose a limb. I hope that the pain stops and the leg can be cleaned up a bit. As of know it is definitely scary to think of that happening to myself and I don't cringe very easily. All the best!
WE are happy about this as well. She already can't walk good so now her leg will just work on getting better.
Your mother already feels badly enough; she doesn't need to hear about how you would want to have your leg amputated if it were like that. There are options for treating psoriasis. She should be trying a variety of things on an ongoing basis to see what helps her personally with the condition. One article that offers some suggestions can be found here: http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/psoriasis-treatment-11/alternative
YOur right a AND i REALIZED THAT after I said it to her. She knows I did not mean anything harmful by it. she already said that to her doctor as well because it is just that bad.
@mariaperalta (19097)
• Mexico
Sorry to hear that, hope another hospital or dr. will be able to help her with this problem.
I know she wants so bad to be rid of this mess. It is like something is eating away at her body.
• Mexico
Isnt there some kind of special dr. for something like that?
go to a wound specialist as that is the one who knows about that cream that cured my leg.a whole year of other doctors who tried every thing edse and none of it worked b ut the one I told Sharon about then they sent me to a wound specialist an he did know what would cure it and the stuff took two tubes but did cure it.
@blackrusty (3532)
• Mexico
wow so sorry for your mother and I know what this does and looks like and have only heard about the pain I hope that they can find a way to help her in the next hospital and that every thing will be ok soon
She is on some medication for the pain as well. She just needs to find a cure for the leg and she will be alright. thanks.
Sounds like she needs a special. It must be awful for her to put up with.
Specialist I mean.
the doctor also told her this as well. She will seek one in the other hospital.
sgaron do go to a specialist but it must be a wound specialist as he or she will be the ones to prescribe that cream clotrimazole and Betatmethasone cream. that stuff really does work
@MaryLynn321 (2680)
Sorry to hear your Mom is having such a problem with the Psoriasis. I remember my Mom had it on her elbows, lower arms and her scalp. She had to have shots given to her in her head. Then they gave her some type of liquid we had to put on her hair and leave it in for so many hours. It really helped. My Mom went to a dermatologist. Has your Mom seen one? My Mom was also diabetic. If the ER did nothing for her I hope you and Adrian will keep trying until you find her some relief.
She has it in her head as well. I know she has not had any shots yet. she is using a cream right now.
Hopefully the cream will help, but if it doesn't maybe it is time for the shots or an oral prescription. I have seen commercials on TV for prescriptions that they say help clear the psoriasis up, especially for those that were having problems with it. I hope she starts to heal and get relief.
Have you tried to consult a dermatologist to check your mother? Hope your mother's health condition will be okay.
@ajithlal (14564)
I also think you should try consulting a dermatologist and most probably they might be able to help you and your mother on it.
@alpha9180 (301)
The scaly patches of skin produced by psoriasis can often be made to disappear through treatment with an ultraviolet lamp or sunbathing. There are also a variety of ointments, creams, pastes and gels that can be applied to psoriasis patches to reduce scaling and relieve discomfort; special bath additives and shampoos may also be used, and some of these contain coal tar, which makes the skin more sensitive to light. Tar and ultraviolet light treatment have been extremely effective in reducing psoriasis in some people. Psoriasis seems to be inherited and can appear at any age group and fortunately, psoriasis is not contagious.
@paulli3 (312)
Sorry to hear that. It's really bad news. You can take your mom to other hosipital and find another better doctors. The thing will be better. Looking for the best treatment is not so easy. But at least it worthes to try. I hope your mother can get better, best wishes.
@dagami (1163)
• Rome, Italy
she must be terribly suffering, poor lady. however, she must be glad that you're there for her. i hope the doctor at the ER gave you a name of a specialist. she has to go there as soon as possible before the infection spreads. hope she will be able to find the right medicine for this.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I feel so bad for your mom and what she has gone through with her health problems. Why did the emergency room tell you to go somewhere else? If its an emergency room they should have taken care of her. I can't believe what your mom is going through. It sounds horrible. I hope its not that thing where its eats away the flesh of your body. If so she is in trouble. Please keep us posted once she gets the help she needs. I will be praying for her.
@MoonGypsy (4615)
if it's that bad, you should get it looked at by someone else. you can't let it go on like that. i just found out that i have a cyst on my foot. it's not malignant, though. your mom's situation sounds like a real emergency. hope she gets better soon.
@emily7339 (1340)
It is good to bring her to another hospital. I am so sorry she has to suffer in this manner. I really hope this doctor could give her better treatment . She really needs your love and care at this moment of time, and glad that you are with her
@zebra2222 (4885)
I can relate to how you feel. It is a terribly frustrating feeling. I wish the best that something can be done.
@Dominique25 (9476)
I hope that you all were able to take her to a hospital that was actually able to help her. It does sound very painful. I feel so bad for her. They should at least try and do something. Sometimes hospitals and doctors drive me crazy with their deattached approach to everything.
If you can raise funds for it, what might help your mother is Stem Cell. The one with embryo is the best but it's too expensive. There are Stem Cell treatments that only concentrates on the skin and this is cheaper. If you can get Thanaka powder, that can help your mother but it will take time before her condition heals completely.
@Ahana123 (139)
Really feel sorry to hear about your mother's situation.She required treatment from a specialist also moral support from her family which your are surely doing. Do not loose hope and just pray that this time you get a proper doctor to attend her.
@velvet53 (15384)
• Palisade, Colorado
my uncle went through that many years ago. His skin was red and scaly. They had him in a home where he had care 24/7. He was only in his 30's when all of this was taking place. I know what your mother and you are going through. Check out some reflexology to see of there is something you can do to help her out.
@ajithlal (14564)
I hope she gets better and hope everything gets well. I am sorry to hear that is bad and hope the next time doctor do something for it.
@cynthiann (18572)
• Jamaica
They could not do anything for us? That is terrible. HYou had to take her back home? It sounds like she needs a specialist to assess the whole saituation and take action. I would have been so angry that nothing was done to even make her feel better