Using Facebook as a Language Learner

Recently, I have used Google Translate quite a bit on Facebook to communicate with foreign friends. It is gradually helping me to learn the language, particularly Spanish. I really like the way it seamlessly works when translating. Do you have any suggestions to help learn language that is as easy and fun?
@Fishmomma (11569)
I have some people on my friend list that speak French, so have been practicing my French. It helps to see the words in a sentence, so I see how they should be used. I did have French in high school and college, so have spoken French quite a bit over the years.
Yes I did a little French too in school, and studied Spanish on my own when small. It is so much fun to be able to understand.
@Fishmomma (11569)
I need to work on Spanish, as so many people speak the language in this state. Languages are so hard for me to learn and I'm finding English to be harder with all the slang words.