People of India

@CatGods (4599)
I'm just wondering what can 53 rupees buy? Is it enough for a cup of coffee? What is the buying power of 53 rupees?
@krajibg (11942)
• Guwahati, India
Hi, with rupees 53 you can but a lot of things in India but as for a cup of coffee this amount might not be enough for you. I mean, everything depends on where and how you want to spend this Rs.53/-
@CatGods (4599)
What kind of things will 53 rupees buy me in India? Name a few things, please. Thank you in advance.
@krajibg (11942)
• Guwahati, India
@CatGods Well, buy a ball pen for Rs.5/-, buy a small writing pad for Rs.5, buy a nail cutter for 20/-, have a cup of coffee for Rs.10...You still have Rs.13 at your purse/ wallet....with that you can buy two packs of milky bar for me for Rs.10 and rest Rs.3 give to a whining boy around you.....
@CatGods (4599)
@krajibg I replied to your PM and I didn't know that you had already answered my question. See 53 rupees is about 1.00 USD and I think it is interesting what other people can buy in their currency that is equivalent to 1.00 USD.
With Rs.53 you can get a lot of things. But it also depends.. for e.g. you could get 8 or 9 coffees from railway stations as the coffee there is for Rs.5 or Rs.6 . I am from south of India and here a good meal would cost you a minimum of Rs.30 . On the other hand you can have coffee from Cafe Coffee Day and your meal from a star hotel where it'll cost more than Rs 500 for a buffet. You could get one of these for 53 rs: Auto Riksha service for may be 5 or 6 Km, few chocolates, soap, 2 Soft drink cans (200-250ml), 3 small instant noodle packs...etc. I do hope this answer helps :)
@krajibg (11942)
• Guwahati, India
So India throbs. No roshanahmad?
@roberten (3134)
53 rupees is what I would like to have! Money in any form is good to have.